Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi everyone, I just joined a couple of days ago when I bought my MK2 1995 LS400. It does have a few problems (pretty much all of them are common problems with this model) I want to know which parts are compatible with my car.

• Bonnet struts are broken.
  • Aerial won't go up or down (stuck half way between up and down, I had someone listen near the aerial when I turned the radio on and off and said there was no sound coming from there so I'm assuming it's the motor that's gon)
  • Radio back-light is gone
  • Air-con readout is broken (air-con does work however)

I'm having a look on eBay for some LS400s that are beyond repair and the seller is selling parts of it.

So far I have emailed a couple of people asking about the parts I need to replace and so far only one person has replied, the only thing is the one who replied is selling parts for a MK1 LS400 from 1994 and I need to know if they are compatible with mine. The seller did say the bonnet struts do work and the aerial does go up and down. He did say the radio back-light doesn't work on his and the air-con readout is also broken.

Hi Andrew,

welcome to the club and I hope you are enjoying your new car, you can either have your bonnet struts re-gassed (mine need doing too) or they can be replaced by a company called SGS, which a few members on here have used with good results.

Website is: http://www.sgs-engineering.com/

Also smiffies soarer sanctuary should be able to help you with the radio back light and the air-con display - you have to email him and then let him get back to you (he is a bit of a character to say the least) and go from there, depends how quickly you need the job doing. He should be able to sort your aerial also.

Website: http://www.smiffies-soarer-sanctuary.com/index.html

Jeremy

hi

bonnet struts between the 2 are different therefore you will have to source new ones

LCD repairs - google car audio repairs in brighton - they charged me £85 5 years ago and the repair was fine for the 3 years I had the car

Aerial - I would check the fuse and also remove the boot lining and check the aerial has not been disconnected before ordering a replacement part

hope this helps

Hi Andrew and welcome to the worlds greatest car club. Please do not advertise to non Lexus owners just how good these cars are. Should you give friends family etc a ride in the car lie to them as to what make it is. These are getting rarer by the day.

We are a friendly bunch who adore our cars and as you have already experienced the knowledge flows freely from those far more knowledgeable than my self.

Enjoy your car and think about the possibilities of having her converted to LPG if you intend to keep that particular for a few years.

This coming weekend Sun 5th May there is an LOC meet up in the East Midlands whcih is probobly next door for where you live. Pop along and get all Lexered up.

Mike

Link for meet. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/80199-east-midlands-area-meet-sunday-may-5/

They are great cars though, I switched mine to PWR today and gave it some welly...............lovely, even if it did sup a drop or two of LPG.

You gotta live every now and then and leave all the other motorists gobsmaked when all they can see is dust. Mike

• Like 1

They are great cars though, I switched mine to PWR today and gave it some welly...............lovely, even if it did sup a drop or two of LPG.

You gotta live every now and then and leave all the other motorists gobsmaked when all they can see is dust. Mike

I have only just started playing with the ect/pwr button - funnily enough as others have said on here my fuel economy seems to improve although when you put your boot in the wilton it sounds like all those american cop cars.....

Hi Andrew welcome to the forum , if the pic in your profile is your car then you have a Mk3 not a Mk2 they are quite a bit different.

As has been suggested SGS or these people are the place for struts.

http://www.cargasstruts.co.uk/replacement-car-gas-struts.php?Year=0&Model=all&Make=all

The radio light problem is probably dry jointed suface mount resistors ,some soldering skill required to fix .

If you are ok with that PM me your email address and I will send you the details ,another member on here did the same for me a while back and it did the trick.

Enjoy your car and as Mike says keep it quiet, if everybody knows our secret there will be a lot less around for the LS forum members to buy.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I have a complete AC display/control unit for a 1995-1997 LS400, send me a PM if you are interested and if you come to the meet I'll even fit it for you :D

Could even fix the radio backlights at the same time if there's a power socket in the pub!

As others have mentioned SGS for the bonnet struts.

Radio aerial does sound like it's ben disconnected as it is normally the nylon drive cord that fails not the motor so you may find if it is disconnected this has gone but the repair bits are readily available and there is a good repair tutorial on www.lexls.com.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links