Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Removing And Replacing Engine Cover Is250

normski2, thanks.

>If you mean the one directly on the engine..<

Yes, that's the one.

I just didn't like the feeling of it flexing when I started to pull it up!

I thought I'd seen something about pulling of one popper at a time.

Not all at once.

That could make it crack?

Argento

How do you remove the engine cover on a IS250?

I posted this query about 10 days ago on another thread.

Can't seem to find it at the moment? :-(

Argento

I saw that query, but thought you were referring to the three engine bay cover pieces, in the centre of which.....is the one you were talking about...hey ho.

How do you remove the engine cover on a IS250?

I posted this query about 10 days ago on another thread.

Can't seem to find it at the moment? :-(

Argento

I saw that query, but thought you were referring to the three engine bay cover pieces, in the centre of which.....is the one you were talking about...hey ho.

Yes, its the big one in the middle of the engine bay I'm concerned about.

Thanks. Argento

Just lift it up its pretty darned tough

A previous mechanic / owner has broken one of the front clips on mine, so it can't be that tough. I'm looking to pick one up from a breakers when I get around to it.

As Normski says - lift at the back first, then pop the other two off, the front two are held in by what looks like a small ball in a socket.

In all fairness I think the cover itself is pretty tough....but a rock ape has the ability to break a catch. If it doesn't move easily you take a closer look don't you? Fools rush in and all that. Annoying when you discover things like that as a new owner.

Just lift it up its pretty darned tough

A previous mechanic / owner has broken one of the front clips on mine, so it can't be that tough. I'm looking to pick one up from a breakers when I get around to it.

As Normski says - lift at the back first, then pop the other two off, the front two are held in by what looks like a small ball in a socket.

Thanks for that.

<As Normski says - lift at the back first, then pop the other two off, the front two are held in by what looks like a small ball in a socket.>

I'll bear that in mind.

Argento

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links