Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So i purchased a GS300 at the weekend after having a spell with a Volvo V70R, full service history, 1 owner 114k miles. The Lexus seems to be better in terms of MPG. But i have a few questions:

I have the 3.0 what sort of MPG should i achieve?

The pixels for the CD/Radio have gone, bit of a pain when changing CD, can this be repaired?

The multi changer seems to select what CD it wants, but til the display is repaired i guess i dont really know what im selecting?

Can hear the rear brakes when cold, maybe new pads?

Are there any common problems, or things to watch out for?

Where can i get up rated parts from?

Anyone have the newer style lights for sale?

Loving the car so far, but want to keep on top on maintenance i guess these can be expensive if they go wrong. The car needs a real good clean on the outside, bit of tidy up and i think the auxiliary belt need changing.

Thank you for all your help.

On my old mk2 GS300, I used to get low to mid 30's on a long gentle motorway cruise at 70'ish. Mid 20's combined and high teens to low 20's around town.

My understanding is new LCD panels are available in the states, but probably easier to get a second hand head unit.

What do you mean re: selecting the discs it wants? If I remember correctly (long time since I've loaded any CD's) they stack the oposite way up and order than seem obvious, so they may not load in the order you expect at first.

Aftermarket parts are few and far between for these unfortunately, what kind of uprated parts are you thinking of?

Common issues, not that many really. Sticking calipers and slidepins seem to effect most lexus models at some point. Knocking arb bushes, knocking bottom ball joints, LCD panels.

Aux belt is simple enough job.

What do you mean re: selecting the discs it wants? If I remember correctly (long time since I've loaded any CD's) they stack the oposite way up and order than seem obvious, so they may not load in the order you expect at first.

If you press CD 6, it sometimes selects the 6th CD sometimes the 4th, its weird. But til the LCD panel is fixed or replaced its not important, more annoying.

Aftermarket parts are few and far between for these unfortunately, what kind of uprated parts are you thinking of?

Coilovers, TTE front splitter, etc

Common issues, not that many really. Sticking calipers and slidepins seem to effect most lexus models at some point. Knocking arb bushes, knocking bottom ball joints, LCD panels.

Nice to hear, i did read about an idle issue? Im happy with the car but like any second hand cars theres a few niggles to sort out, but til i get some days off work its not happening at the minute.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links