Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys, I have a 2002 ls430 and would like to put the latest possible version in, which will still operate on this car. I don't know if different age vehicles will only accept different version discs.

Also if I can put a later or latest disc in where can I get one, apart from dealers .... ie a copy or burnt disc?

Thanks in advance

I think this is a bit of a minefield, but I know there are folk on here who have experience of finding replacement discs. For my LS400, I think there is a limit to what the technology in the sat nav can help with (I think the last disc that I could have used was around 2007/08). But, as others have said, it is more of a historical technological novelty than something that you should rely on too much. But it gets me around Manchester's streets and the Cheshire lanes ok and that's all I need!

I'm in manchester, okdham. Do you think it would work on my system??

I'm not sure if the sat nav system in my old LS400 would be the same as yours? Perhaps someone here can advise?

Hi guys, I have a 2002 ls430 and would like to put the latest possible version in, which will still operate on this car. I don't know if different age vehicles will only accept different version discs.

Also if I can put a later or latest disc in where can I get one, apart from dealers .... ie a copy or burnt disc?

Thanks in advance

Hi Paul

Here is the place you can buy a new set - http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Home/Index

If I remember correctly it is 3 DVDs for Europe and was just over £200. It was ages ago that I bought one.

I am not sure when the last update was so check.

I (nor any of my pals) have been able to copy one and make it work - a little disapointing considering my core skills :)

It would be good to know what the year the latest update they are selling is - you will need the part number from your current DVD - if you are going to order an update.

Good luck

Bren

Bloody hell that's some wonga..... Think I will buy and up to date a-z .... Do the later DVDs have different features for anything else apart from the sat nav, ie audio colour etc

All you get is an unpdate to the maps - if you want a new gen system you can change the unit in the boot. I posted some stuff about this earlier this year.

What is your current disk? You will have to pop it and look at the number on the front. I will see if I can make a "working backup" of mine if it is newer :)

Bren

Cheers bren

Here is my Nav DVD - Gen1 2007-2008 ver 1 - this probably means the map dates back to 2006 or earlier.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/snarler45/media/NavDVD2007-2008ver1_zpsaf420dfb.jpg.html

I just checked online and there is an udate from 2011 for €114 - very good considering it is now 2013 :(

The cost is not as high as it used to be but the maps will be 3 years out of date. I will be in a hydrogen powered 460 by the time they get their act together:)

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links