Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

24-Hour Time On Is200

Hi,

Is there any way to get the clock on the is200 to display the time in 24-hour format, ie, 19:00 instead of 7:00? My Kia Cerato, for example, allows one to change this setting. Is this possible on the Lexus? It just seems strange to me to look at the time in "non-24-hour" format.

Just had a look at the owners manual - nothing is mentioned about changing the time format. Yes, it is a minor thing to complain about but thats because I'm just now used to it. I've never owned car which didnt show the time in 24-hour format.

Thats the thing when you own a "perfect car" - you starting nitpicking on the little things :-)

d@mn you panya! Forgot about that one as well! lol

Thats not a major one for me though.... (and yes, my Cerato has auto-dimming rear view as well! lol)

Never had auto dimming mirrors, so it's not something I've missed. Also, with the rear glass tints, I've actually found the glare from headlights behind to be much better than most cars I've had.

Panya is going to go on and on until he lists all the differences between an IS200 and an IS300, lol (still can't get 24hr time in an IS300 though!)

I think only the LE's Panya. Far as I understand, they came with all the little extra's as found on the 300, for the last year/18mths of production - with the addition of different colour paint(s) and the 11 spoke wheels. Could be wrong though

Really? I'm not sure where the early models in SA were imported from. The "pearl white" IS200 (looks beige in the shade, but you see the metallic bits in the sun) was probably the most common/popular colour here.......followed by silver, then the metallic green ones. Any other colours are a rare sight here. In fact, I only ever recall seen them in pearl white, silver, and green. I doubt I've even seen a blue one.

Here is a pic of the green and the silver (pics stolen from local ads on gumtree)

post-46625-0-51141200-1365103891_thumb.j

post-46625-0-20251700-1365103904_thumb.j

I dont think I've seen any other colours in SA other than white, green and silver. The newer IS250 is available in an array of colours and is an immensely popular car here. Can't say the same for the old IS200/300....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links