Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spent the afternoon inside the car treating the leather, came up treat , but i have noticed a few small tears, and scratches , i take it these can be repaired. all the door locks look new but ignition doesent? and in the right hand side of the boot i came across a aieiel lead , am i missing someting? PLUS IS IT WORTH GETTING A CD ROM FOR THE NAVE.ps can you recomment a airial ? broke on both cars.

Spent the afternoon inside the car treating the leather, came up treat , but i have noticed a few small tears, and scratches , i take it these can be repaired. all the door locks look new but ignition doesent? and in the right hand side of the boot i came across a aieiel lead , am i missing someting? PLUS IS IT WORTH GETTING A CD ROM FOR THE NAVE.ps can you recomment a airial ? broke on both cars.

Regarding the Sat Nav, I find it kind of useful as a MAP but about has much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to navigating. The two times I have actually followed it to the letter (I was bored), the darned thing has taken me on a 30% longer journey and cost a lot more in fuel. Once tried to direct me to a field near Swindon, when I could plainly see the address of where I was going to was on the other side of the display.

I have seen other posts on here that suggest the system is more for a laugh than anything else, though I have found it useful from time to time to navigate to places like Cadbury World?!?!?

I understand that you can get the sat nav updated, where they change the hardware but keep the same screen? I believe that if you do it, you can then use postcodes, speed cameras etc.

Anyone done this on an Ls400?

I kind of like the retro look and feel of the sat nav. Having said that, I never really have to rely on it to get me anywhere! And it's a good talking point for anyone unacquainted with Lexus. How many other cars in the mid to late 90s had a touchscreen?

I understand that you can get the sat nav updated, where they change the hardware but keep the same screen? I believe that if you do it, you can then use postcodes, speed cameras etc.

Anyone done this on an Ls400?

There is a YouTube video on the LS400 satnav update have a look at this

When my satnav was playing up I was tempted to give it a try, cost was around £650 though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links