Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Terraclean

Essex chelle

After my OH going on about this thing called Terraclean I gave in and let him have his own way and allowed him to book the car in to have a "car colonic irrigation". Mechanic was very surprised at the omission print out before the procedure was started, considering my car is 11 years old and has 127k my emission reading was either 0 or 0.1. Anyway OH agreed he still wanted this carried out, the procedure was about 40 mins and a quarter tank of fuel was used -shock horror!!!!!! £148 later my car was rid of any nasty carbon deposits residing in the depths of the engine.

So 1 week on have I seen a difference? Yes, an increase in mpg. My £60 fill up last Thursday still shows quarter of a tank and I'm on 160miles since last fill, previous week £60 lasted me 145miles. My computer showing 21.4 around town, ill keep you undated.

Here's the link to terraclean, for those whom not heard of it before:

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...

Update - still averaging around 21mpg around town - still not taken out for a long long run yet as weather been so pants not wanted to venture out anywhere far far away yet. But filled up with £50 last week and I still have fuel in the tank doing roughly same miles around town as I was doing on £60 fill, so I'm happy with that!!!

Another update and rather a pleasant one too, well I reset the trip on the computer yesterday and went for a little drive about nothing major only about 10 miles but was very pleasant to see mpg sitting at 26.6 my best reading to date :)

• Like 1

As an engineer (not a car mechanic) with over 40 years experience of ICE (and others) I am always interested in these sort of processes.. In all truth I have never yet found one not in use or recommended by manufacturers that works.. It used to be years ago that all cars needed de carbonising after a certain time but those days have long past with fuel technology, materials technology and modern engine combustion methods. The old 'magnets' scam has long been debunked but there is always a new way for some to make money.

I have read through the 'Terraclean' web site and its claims as well as its testimonials. I am not saying this procedure (whatever it is) does not produce any benefits but I do smell a whiff of what can only be called 'cognitive dissonance'. This works in such a way that if the price of having a car engine 'Terracleaned' doubled many of those paying for it would claim twice the benefits..

Some of the claims on the web site actually make the vehicles better than they were when new. !!!! How can 'decarbonising' do that? Personally I believe any initial benefits will be short lived at best mainly because modern car engines don't need it.. My SC430 (6) has now done 60000 miles and I am getting around the manufacturers claimed MPG on a long run in fact its much better than claimed and over 30 mpg is easily possible even at 'real' motorway speeds. I am more than happy with its performance. In fact it feels much more responsive than the 282 claimed bhp.

In the past a simple way of getting rid of some carbon that did build up was to use a fuel additive directly into the carburettor (nowadays into the air intake) too much and you ran the risk of burning out valves as the engine had to be run at reasonable revs during the process. It put up cylinder temperatures and 'burned' off the carbon. I expect 'Terraclean' is a modern equivalent of that process.

I wouldn't have it done because I cant see the need to do it.

I'm just seeing better results from purchasing the car on 127k miles, 19.6mpg, slowly increasing to now 26.6mpg for round town trips as this is all I do each week - to me that's a difference and over the next few months would have paid for itself and will continue to save me on fuel. Thankyou for your replies though its one if those cases of each to their own.

• Like 1

I'm just seeing better results from purchasing the car on 127k miles, 19.6mpg, slowly increasing to now 26.6mpg for round town trips as this is all I do each week - to me that's a difference and over the next few months would have paid for itself and will continue to save me on fuel. Thankyou for your replies though its one if those cases of each to their own.

Interesting fuel figures I admit its a considerable improvement and 127k is a lot of miles. But I see no reason why it should slowly increase if Terracleaning works surely it should at best straight after the process? But I suppose it would take some time to be sure of the figures unless fuel consumption is taken from full tank to full tank.

Also the figure your achieving for around town (urban driving ) in a Mk1 SC430 is 10mpg better than the manufacturers claim for a new car (16.4mpg) even the mixed driving is claimed to be 23.5 mpg and your beating that by 3.1mpg.. If Terracleaning makes the car better than when new its nothing short of miraculous!! That's why I am sceptical. Well that and having looked inside many engines that have done considerable miles and knowing they don't accumulate much carbon these a days..

• Like 1

I have done that on mine driving from North Yorkshire Down to LHR..and return...(Standard 430SC with 60000 miles on the clock) and also on one trip down to Guildford and back.. On one trip to Guildford I started off an it was foggy for the first 120 miles or so This kept my average speed down and I got 31 mpg overall.. I was very surprised and that was from filling the tank not just looking at the instruments.

The other trip was good weather and early mornings with little traffic going to LHR I managed 29.4 mpg and I was flying !! Its a great car..

At the speeds I was doing my sons BMW 335 only managed 34.8 mpg and that's a diesel. !!!

I drive to Western France every year and get around 30MPG at a steady 130KPH. Drop the speed off a bit and MPG goes up, don't do that for long though, what would be the point :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links