Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

Its been a while since i was last on here but i now find my self owning another 300 :shifty: . Went out to start it and the old girl wouldnt fire up , she was cranking over fine but would not fire up , i noticed that the imobiliser light was still flashing even when the key was in the ignition !! is this normal or could that be the problem ?

Anyone had any similar issues and how did you resolve the problem ?

Cheers

If the immobiliser light was still lit with key in ignition it wont start. Your key might have lost its code. try this first...master key is usually the 3 button one.and security light will extinguish immediately when master key is put in ignition.

1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.
NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.
If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

hello mate

thanks for the quick response, i belive the only key i have is the master key which as you said has 3 buttons lock/unlock and boot release . so will the procedure still work or do you think i need to contact dealership ??

Sorry to hear that, looks like an immobiliser problem then, One last thing try removing negative from car Battery for 5-10 min and then re-connect. Sometimes resets alarm/immobiliser unit.

By any chance have you had a flat Battery?

Put the key in the ignition turn the key to the ignition position i.e. all dash lights on and then leave it in this position for 5 minutes.

Then remove the key and reinsert, the engine should then start.

Try putting the key in the ignition and to the "on" position but don't try and crank. Leave it in that position for 5 minutes, switch off and then try to start. This is the same process to follow if the Battery has been disconnect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links