Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newbie Looking At Is200

Mork1973

I think the sport versions are programmed to have a quicker throttle response, so they do use more fuel and thus lower the mpg. I work really hard to get my mpg to 30. Being as light on the accelerator as possible, accelerating slowly from a standing start. With the power thats available, it's quite easy to see why most people have low mpg. You put your foot down and it's great.

Drive it sensibly and you should be okay for 28-30 mpg. I'm putting HanKook Ventus Prime 2 K115s on at the start of April. They're fuel efficient tyres, apparently able to help save 5 litres of fuel every 500 miles, this should bring the mpg up to around 32-33 on a full tank. I can do over 400 miles between fill ups and I'm finding fuel left in the tank, though people have said to watch out for fuel pickup issues if I go too far.

No the sport isn't tuned for a quicker throttle response. It's not a quicker car than any other IS200 in any way, therefore doesnt use more fuel. Under the bonnet all IS200's are exactly the same. Sport has a limited slip differential which is the only mechanical difference between IS200's on the range

Well the bushes, lol, where to start. I bought the wrong ones like an idiot. I needed the front lower control arm rear bushes and I ordered the front lower control arm inner bushes. So £60 down the drain. I've ordered the correct part but not delivered yet so my car still handles like a bag of spanners.

As for it affecting MPG. I don't think so. I've had the car over a year and the bushes have only just gone but I've always had 20mpg. It's down to my heavy right foot in second gear. I can't help but take to 5000rpm+ when coming off a roundabout or on a slip road a lot of the time. The rest of the time I take it nice and steady and keep the car around 3000rpm.

I have achieved around 30mpg from my car but it took me to drive like a grandad. Change up at 2500rpm. So to achieve your MPG takes deliberate concentration and change in driving style. I think I drive my car like most people. And doing that I achieve about 20-23 mpg.

If you think my MPG is bad you should see my mates in his IS300. He redlines it everywhere and drives up and down the motorway at 90mph+ and gets about 15mpg to a tank! Lol....

P.S. sorry for the thread hijack :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links