Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Baby Aston Amv8 :)

According to the press release, This Aston was aimed squarely at Porsche 911 customers..

They are pricing it the same as the standard Carrera 2, and with a 4.5 V8 which should out-perform the porsche in a straight line..

It is a 2-seater Front engined, rear wheel drive design.

Oh, nearly forgot :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Like a Carrera 2 Hummmmmmmm...

so a Carrera 2 costs 77.500 Euros TTC in Froggy land, and a Lexus SC430 74.550 Euros TTC.

I heard about 350 up to 400 HP.

I'm deeply sorry Mister Lexus, but I won't buy a SC, even if I like it a lot, I will aim to a gorgeous Aston AMV8 :P

Just waiting my daughter to be a bit older, her mother will keep the Sport X and …

Clonk!!!, I'm at the office, time to start working and stop dreaming, anyway if this is the price of the AMV8, I will seriously think about it in a few good years, this is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL car to me at the moment.

@d'tchao

Vince

Claire, should be a different Aston, 'cose the AMV8 isn't on the maket yet, end 2004 as they said (time to earn money).

My partner in Hong Kong owns a DB7, we'll not talk about the color, gold, he bought it a a fair price because nobody wants a gold AM, anyway it's still an Aston, the shame is that HK is definitly not a good place for a supercar, impossible to drive fast, lots of speed traps, the only way to push it a bit is going to the airport at night.

The fun is looking for exmaple at the mirrors, coming from citroen CX, at the dashborad plenty of uglies plastic button, but once again it's still an Aston.

As a few dreamchilds, I always want (and I will) own a Porsche Carrera, second hand fair price only !, now maybe I will look in a few years look to a second hand AMV8 instead of a Porsche, 'cos this "baby" is really getting me mad at.

This is called the Baby Aston, because they will compet against Porsche in term of price, and it's a major change for Aston, and maybe an opportunity to buy one for larger people.

@d'taleur

Vince

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a fussy b*gger and won't own anything because of the badge or how it looks in the brochure. I have driven plenty of Astons and haven't liked any of them yet, but I reckon the new baby is absolutely gorgeous looking and is superb value for money.

I also reckon the new Bentley Continental GT is a babe and is well worth the £110k.

That new baby Aston is gorgeous :wub:

Not sure why they're calling it the Vantage though, which was previously the tag used for "high performance" (sic) variants of AM's models.

I suspect this mainstream (sic) AM will be a winner.

Let's hope the production model looks as good.

If only we had more info on the IS replacement, we could focus on more realistic dreams :duh:

Nige

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links