Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Police knocked on the door last night. Asked me if I had tried to sell my car online, (that I had done). Said they found a Red Lexus with my reg number with stolen goods. Took statement from me.

What is the chance of that!

I have hardly seen another red lexus is 220d. I think there are another 2 or 3 in Leeds.

Anyway, advice for every one. It might be a good idea to remove reg number from pics when posting pics online. Lexus rarity may not save you :)

As your 'supposed' to produce the V5 and proof of address when having number plates made up YOU had better check your not a victim of stolen identity. Check your credit rating with the CRA's to ensure no one has tried or actually obtained credit/property in your name & do it BEFORE the bailiffs might come knocking

PS when you get your credit file check to see if there are any unknown 'searches' against you as this would signify that someone has attempted or actually obtained credit in your name

As your 'supposed' to produce the V5 and proof of address when having number plates made up YOU had better check your not a victim of stolen identity.

Proper number plates are also 'supposed' to have the name of the supplier written at the bottom which can be used to trace where the number plate was made, who ordered it etc etc. It is very unlikely that these number plates were made according to the law.

I think the moral here is to get some sort of CCTV device for your garage/driveway as it is one place where commercial/industrial CCTV's or traffic monitoring cameras cant see you.

Putting things into a different perspective. The person who used Taimur's reg could have triggered some speed cameras or (endless possibilities)......... and switched back to his registration never to be seen again. CCTV footage of your car parked in your driveway will go a long way in such a scenario.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links