Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

Having spoken to Lexus dealers, they advised because my ls400 is one of the later ones 2000 model that the irridum sparkplugs were fitted to it. I dont know much about sparkplugs but just wanted to ask can i fit Bosch Super4 sparkplugs in it? Will it make any difference?

Thanks

I think the main reason iridium plugs are fitted as OEM is because of the mileage interval between replacements claimed to be 100,000 miles but having read the Bosch blurb they claim their plugs match or exceed this figure and they are platinum and therefore cheaper.

iridium is a rare element and very difficult to work and weld, I have read reports where the iridium tip has come adrift and fell into the cylinder with disasterous results, whether this is even true or a common occurance I cannot say.

Personally I would stick to OEM plugs,they may cost more but consider how many times have you suffered a plug failure,probably never.

Have a look on Fleabay they are often cheaper on there but go for genuine branded ones like NGK.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/boschsp.htm

As steve says above think its to give longer service interval with iridiums. Reading up on them you only get 30,000mls out of the super4,s.

I had them in my old IS from e-bay, ran ok but checking later on bosch site they don't list them for IS200. So went back to standard.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links