Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can 125,000 Members Lend Me A Pound? I Need This.

IHgs300

Its one of a limited run of 200 cars built for group b rallying, When it was banned in the 80,s they sold them as road cars. The 2litre engine can be tuned to 500bhp plus. Oh and built from composite so no rust ever.

Its one of a limited run of 200 cars built for group b rallying, When it was banned in the 80,s they sold them as road cars.

Other way round Ian.

To have a car race as a Group B Rally car they had to have a road going version or they weren't allowed to enter.

Very very nice thing indeed.

I think you might need to raise £1M though as you'd need a Quattro S1 and a Delta S4 to make the driveway look more complete....

Sorry Chris. I've just occupied the rest of your Friday afternoon below..... :devil: Don't forget to go home at some point........ :whistling:

Dating back quite a few years so some of the links might be broken.

Linky thing

I think that's an IS300 halfway through that Group B Rally mov......... Holidays_16.gif

Similar story to the Lotus Carlton. They had to make the required batch of road cars to qualify for the racing team.

No 49 is here about 400 yards away from me. That is one beast of a car. 1992 on a L plate. Goes like s*** too!!!!!!

Its one of a limited run of 200 cars built for group b rallying, When it was banned in the 80,s they sold them as road cars.

Other way round Ian.

To have a car race as a Group B Rally car they had to have a road going version or they weren't allowed to enter.

I think you might need to raise £1M though as you'd need a Quattro S1 and a Delta S4 to make the driveway look more complete....

True Raymond, but ford built 200 of these purely to satisfy homologation requirements, They were released to rally teams but not as a road car until group B was banned, then they sold them at £50k originally to try and re-coup some of the cost.

Its one of a limited run of 200 cars built for group b rallying, When it was banned in the 80,s they sold them as road cars. The 2litre engine can be tuned to 500bhp plus. Oh and built from composite so no rust ever.

They were sold as road cars to meet homologation requirements to allow them to be rallied. The standard engine is actually a 1.8 litre, but the later "Evo" versions were bored to 2.1 and made over 650bhp. There are some mentally modded ones out there that make in excess of 800+bhp

EDIT : just had a look on good ol Wikipedia, and didn't know they ran a 2L version in the IMSA GTO class/spec - they made around 750bhp

Other way round Ian.

They were sold as road cars to meet homologation requirements to allow them to be rallied. The standard engine is actually a 1.8 litre, but the later "Evo" versions were bored to 2.1 and made over 650bhp. There are some mentally modded ones out there that make in excess of 800+bhp

EDIT : just had a look on good ol Wikipedia, and didn't know they ran a 2L version in the IMSA GTO class/spec - they made around 750bhp

your right guys, apologies, got my info wrong.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links