Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Juddering And Vibration When Braking

i have a is200 and i am getting very bad juddering thrugh pedal and vibration threw the steeringwheel i have had mydiscs and pads changed twice in 3mths when changed car s fine for bout 5 weeks and it all starts again any ideas of wats going on

i have a is200 and i am getting very bad juddering thrugh pedal and vibration threw the steeringwheel i have had mydiscs and pads changed twice in 3mths when changed car s fine for bout 5 weeks and it all starts again any ideas of wats going on

Sounds like siezed callipers, you have the symptoms. Check the temp of your alloys after driving. If noticibly hot, siezed calliper. Do you have a smell of burning when you get out of the car? What mechanic are you taking it to? I can't believe they'd keep changing discs and pads without noticing the calliper was seizing?? You'll keep going through lots of discs and pads if your callipers are seizing on!

Do a search, read some threads, lots of info on this. In my opinion most common fault on IS200! Had both my front callipers sieze 6 months apart.

Siezed calipers or siezed slide pins. It could be either or both!

1. Slide Pins: Easiest thing to do is take the caliper off, the hole where the bolts that hold the caliper onto the car are two rubber boots and inside them are the slide pins.if they do not slide out easily then they are seized and need freed up and most likely replaced, if the rubber boots are torn they will need replaced too.

Here is an excellent guide by Tigerfish:

http://www.lexusowne...als&article=161

To check caliper:

Remove the brake pads from the disc and refit the caliper back onto the car. The bolts only need to be finger tight. Get someone to press the brake pedal GENTLY. Watch the pistons come out, they should move swiftly and move right out to they hit the disc, if one or both are slow, stogy or only move out a little bit then it is seized and will need rebuilt or replaced. To get the pistons back in remove the cap of the brake fluid reservoir under the bonnet below the drivers wiper and gently push the pistons back in with a pair of pipe grips.

You can get the rebuild parts from BigRedd.com

On top of this you'll need another set of front discs and pads unfortunately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links