Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Cover

Call me weird for wanting one but I really don't want my car covered in dirty acidic rain stains after I've made it gleaming! Plus I don't have a garage, only a driveway.

Is there a particular type of cover to look out for?

More importantly where can I get a good one?

Halfords is the easy option, but I'm sure their range of covers is poor :yack: hehe

Winter motoring > Covers > Tyvek large - http://www.halfords.com/shop/finditem.asp?...?cat=10⊂=135

Are there any good online shops you guys know of?

Can't say I'm that familiar with car covers. However, a lot of bikers buy covers and I know that some of the companies that supply them also do covers for cars, boats, etc. So if all else fails, you could look in the back of something like MCN (a weekly bike paper costing abou £1.20 - every Wednesday) you might find some company names.

I'm guessing a good cover won't scratch the car after repeated use, and won't trap moisture/condensation in? Halfords - hmmmmm.... they'd probably sell you something made out of old carrier bags :winky:

Happy hunting :)

Car covers............well, you can have it in large big small round medium square yellow blue pink green inside outside mixture polyurethane cotton you name it you can have it !!!

The car cover world really does cater for each individual need - whether you want an entirely indoor cover, or all the way through to one that will protect your car from snow, you can have one.

Classic Additions Website

Go there. They're classic additions and they are brilliant. I've bought two covers from there and both times they have been absolutely PERFECT. They do a massive range of standard covers (i.e. standard fit sizes) but will also do custom fit ones. For the std fit you're looking at about £70, for the mutt's nuts tailored to your car (the ones I got) then you're looking at £220.

Guy there by the name of Adrian Bowes (if I remember correctly) is the man to talk to - so helpful.

Also, if you go Gold you get 10% off from them.

So - give them a ring, have a chat, tell them exactly what you've got and why you want a car cover, and they'll 100% be able to help.

PS: No I dont work for them, it's just that they're one of the few companies in the car world that I have dealt with who have been absolutely impeccable !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links