Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The o/s stop light bulb has blown,so I thought no problem simple job (wrong) I have never seen so many scews,and clips, the problem now is after removing them all there are two white "clips/studs" that seem to be the problem .I have tried but no luck it seems they have a sprung clip holding them in,I tried a pair of pliers but still no luck is there another way to do it without doing any damage??

Is your LS a Mk 3 ?

Took me about 30 secs to change my offside rear stop bulb ! I followed the manual instructions too,

nowhere near as complicated as the Mk 1 LS400 that was really challenging.

I suppose you're dreadfully unlucky that a bulb has actually gone, probably the first time in 16 years eh !

Malc

Hi Norman ,as Malc says the Mk3 is much easier than earlier models. Open the boot , just up from the bumper on the inside edge of the light cluster are two round plastic screw covers ease these off with a small flat blade to expose two screws .

After removing the screws give the light unit a yank and it should pop out ,it is held in by I think its three metal prongs that push into the white plastic things on the inside you were trying to remove with pliers.

Much easier than the older cars no trim or nuts to undo .

Happy bulb changing.

On the 1997 series III you need to remove 2 plastic caps on the LHS of the lense unit and remove the 2 10mm bolts under the caps (1st picture)

Once you have removed the bolts pull the lense back with your fingers along the right hand edge to release the two fixing pegs shown in picture 2 these can be quite tight and require a bit of a tug to release but will not break easily.

post-12144-0-26820500-1358968855.jpg

post-12144-0-00650400-1358968922.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links