Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Mods - What Floats Your Boat?

Steve

For those who like to modify their car and add their own touch… what mods would you apply to your car first? Wheels, spoilers or performance mods, in which order would you modify your ride? What Top 5 Mods you would do first?

I'm not really into mods as such but I do like retrofitting stuff. It's rather limited on the IS200 but I have found the following I want

IS300 Xenon headlights

OEM NAV

Change to full black leather from cream half leather including carpets etc etc.

Done the fog to tail light thing last week. Not the fog to brake lights

Only thing ive got working is the alarm indicator and wired to dip at night with bright headlamps behind you, could also take a feed off if i ever get is300 dipping door mirrors.

Only thing ive got working is the alarm indicator and wired to dip at night with bright headlamps behind you, could also take a feed off if i ever get is300 dipping door mirrors.

I like that!

I'm saving my interior mirror of the 5 now and need to talk to you soon.

Shame the auto wiper bit is not so easy.

what would you guys put first if you had to mod? wheels, lighting etc?

I quite like wheels but I've got two sets for the IS already and only had it three weeks.... Lights are more important as the standard d ones are like candle lights.

Had three sets of wheels for the BMW so it'll only be a matter of time I guess..

Not really into modifying.

I normally just look at wheels and suspension. Didn't have to touch my Lex tho as it came with arch filling 18" Aeros which suit the car so well and as its a sport is lowered already. I don't think it needs to be lower. :)

I've also purchased blue bulbs for my dash as I don't like the orange but haven't fitted them yet.

That's it really. If I had a spare £2k laying around I'd supercharge it.

I'm not really into mods as such but I do like retrofitting stuff. It's rather limited on the IS200 but I have found the following I want

IS300 Xenon headlights

OEM NAV

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccda3f6cf

:backofnet:

IS300 Xenon headlights

OEM NAV

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccda3f6cf

:backofnet:

He is looking for full leather Russell.....

For me personally. I tend to go with lowering (not slamming though) and wheels first. After that, it depends on the car. For both gen2 GS's. I've done rear lights, roof spoiler, side repeaters. They come factory fit with auto dimming rear view mirror and photochromic side mirrors, so not much else to do gadget wise. I did swap out the stereo gear in both the mk1 and mk2 GS30's, and ppan to do the same with the GS430 but it isn't quite as straight forward with the factory satnav stuff.

On my old E36 325 Coupe, there were more retro fits available, so did stuff like heated washer nozzles (still have those so may look at fitting them to the 430). Auto dim rearview, electric rear quarter windows (the best retro fit available for the coupe IMO)

Never really been into engine mods that much.

Light to dark, I see. Apologies.

I think it would be nice having the old interior black. Had it in my last car.

Plus the fact I have two young children and cream is not ideal.

I don't really like half leather half fluffy stuff.

Only MOD I've ever done on my LS was wheels and limo tint on rear windows.... IS was HID headlights wheels n sports grill .....

GS450h new air fresher lol...... And personal plates on all cars

Very first thing is always audio related - I cannot have a car that doesn't have an input for an iPod/iPhone. Ideally a dock connector input like the Grom in my IS, and at the very least a 3.5mm jack input.

As for the IS, headlights were the next on the list, and one of the most important was the front armrest. After those, I'm not too fussed. It'd be nice to change the looks a little with a TTE or TRD kit, and the 18's would be nice, but I'm not fussed enough about them to pursue it strongly. If they come along they come along.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links