Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just took my car into Lexus for a quick wheel balance and to pick up a new calliper. They had a 2012 GS250 F Sport with 11k on the clock up for £30k. Way above my price range but they must've seen me drooling over it and offered me a test drive and how could I refuse! They also offered me a go in the CT200h. I just laughed and said I had one for 48 hours on test drive and I hated it! Salesman laughed and said your not the first to say that! Lol :whistling:

The GS tho....What a great car, I want it!! It's just amazing to drive and is so much quicker than my IS! So many toys and buttons to press, i couldnt get my head round it! To be honest i dont even know what engine is under the bonnet, all I remember him saying is this is not a hybrid!

One day it will be mine, oh yes, one day! :)

CC2EC089-9A1C-4A0F-914A-81FF50CE2BAB-1341-000001984E94915C_zps0574fded.jpg

2AB7C118-5764-4950-8212-A637D28E2F57-1341-0000019868BA66F3_zps14dfefd1.jpg

4D038112-CFA3-4E27-8161-59AD93ED5E12-1341-0000019859BB70FB_zpsdbfce732.jpg

Hi, the GS250 f sport has the same 2.5 V6 as the IS 250, I had a loan one the other day while mine was in for a squeaking rear light cluster, I was quite surprised with the performance considering the extra weight of the GS compared with the IS. I only had the car for a few hours and covered around 40 miles, but I was disappointed and rather shocked to only average 21 mpg, admittedly I didn’t re set any settings so it could have had something to do with how it was driven before I drove it.

Next time you are at the dealership ask to test drive the 450h it will blow your socks off. lol :shifty:

Utter bargain mate. They are incredible to drive. In this country the german marques rule the roost, but if you look in most markets where the new GS is available, it is often classified as the best mid range executive car. No wonder!

It's all down to emissions and a love for all things diesel (low Co2)

EDIT - Fuel consumption is poor....I regularly get 17-20 around town. But on a run 37mpg is possible without any issues at all, even at legal speed limits. It has a seemingly complete lack of torque (typical non-turbo VVTi where all the power and thrust comes too high up) so it just holds onto gears too long, and will not change up when you want it to. Any slight incline and it just drops a cog! It is the only frustrating thing about this car! A CVT box would have been much better, or more gears and start stop. 7 or 8 speeds with start stop should have seen at least a 10-20% improvement in consumption and emissions.

I think it will probably get dropped when the 4 cylinder Hybrid is launched in 2013. For purists this might be the last of the un-fettled/non-hybrid GS v6's and I will probably get it LPG'd in 4-5 years time.

I think it will probably get dropped when the 4 cylinder Hybrid is launched in 2013. For purists this might be the last of the un-fettled/non-hybrid GS v6's and I will probably get it LPG'd in 4-5 years time.

This is pretty much what the salesman said. I think he used the phrase "last of a dying breed" :)

I think it's all these green wannabe's

I guess I won't be having any big engined car again.

Only had a few big engined ones. 4.4 RR Vogue and BMW 4.4 740i then downsized to a 525 and now gone even smaller to the 2L IS.

I guess in 20 years time we're all driving 800cc cars on water at 60MPH limit.

What I will never understand is how making any new car can be green....it's impossible. The grams of CO2 pumped out once made is nothing compared to the tonnes and tonnes in manufacture of the car, its every part, shipping etc etc. So apparently Government policy implies that it's greener to get a newer less "emitting" car. I don't think so....the greenest way to motor ihas to be by getting an old 2nd hand car! It's already done the damage!

It's all a government game....to ultimately tax you even more.

These little (getting smaller and smaller) engines are becoming more complex, more to go wrong. Thats why I chose a Lexus V6, no fandangled turbos, DPF's etc. Should last me into retirement!

"These little (getting smaller and smaller) engines are becoming more complex, more to go wrong. Thats why I chose a Lexus V6, no fandangled turbos, DPF's etc. Should last me into retirement! "

So true, take the Smart car with a tiny 650-800cc turbocharged engine, piston ring wear means a complete engine rebuild within 60-80,000 miles plus a new turbocharger after it has injested the blow by oil.

I did think about getting one to keep in the boot of the LS just for occasional town driving :lol:

Plus have you ever been circling your local supermarket looking for a parking space, think you've found an empty one only to find a Smart car in there taking up half the space.

+1 on the car parking..... If I don't find a large car space ...I don't shop.. I'm not about to squeeze my car into the stupid little car parking spaces for some idiot in a 4x4 or old rust bucket to park next to me n open thier doors onto my car....on a plus side if no parking spaces I just drop mrs off n she phones me once all the shoppings done n I just saunter in and pick her n shopping up so bonus for me if no child or big parking spaces lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links