Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Are You Getting A New Car For 2013?

Steve

I don't think so. I love my LS400 but if I came into a shed load of money I'd splash out on a newer LS perhaps. Pretty unlikely though and, to be honest, I think I prefer older cars at the moment anyway. My 1998 LS400 drives miles better than many new cars I've owned despite having covered 156k miles.

Some one has just given me a 1977 Maserati Bora with just 2,300 miles from new, Full Service history and one lady owner. Rarely used and kept in a air conditioned garage so looks like new.

I wish....!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think I will stick with my IS300 one of the best cars I've owned :) . will be a year this month since owning it and after 10,000 miles of driving I havent spent anything on repairs besides all fluid changes including gearbox oil, cambelt change, spark plugs and brakes..ok i replaced batteries, wipers and lamp bulb but these gets replaced on any other car on the road at some point so wont be classified as repairs. Tyres will be next after a couple of 1000 miles...fuel consumption is not bad for a 3litre auto depends on how its driven really!! and for a 10year old car with over 100K on the clock, there are not a lot of cars on UK roads as powerful and fast as this car with the exception of high powered V8's like your ISF's , M3's, AMG's, RS6's and high powered Turbos like GTR's, STI's and Evo's there are not a lot of cars as powerful as the IS300 and i have taken on a few be it diesel or petrol cars with similar or slighlty more power than it and this included turbo hot hatches. So i cant think of anyother car which can match it for the spec, reliability and performance for the money. :rolleyes: A MK3 GS430 is always in the books for its toys, space and performace but i keep asking my self do i really need one?? because the IS300 is not far off it performance wise in real world due to power-to-weight ratio. or maybe a Mazda MPS if i want to go AWD Turbo manual ;)

I was thinking about getting an early IS250 auto or an IS300. But I've decided I'm gonna keep my IS200. Best car I've ever owned, I really enjoy driving it and I've just about got it back to its former self. Full service, full geometry, wheel balance, all new fluid changes, cambelt, aux belts, new discs, pads and front callipers in the past 6 months. Last owner was a bit negligent :(

Also had a broken aerial (fixed now, new OEM) cracked back light clusters (gonna be fixed very soon) cracked windscreen ( fixed) smashed mesh in front bumper (booked in body shop pay day January) and I'm just about to fit new dash bulbs to go from orange to blue :)

If a perfect 300 comes along however I don't know if I'd be able to resist :whistling:

The 2nd gen GS has the same power plant as the IS so I imagine it'll be roughly the same in consumption. Maybe a little more because of the weight and size.

The 2nd gen GS is one beautiful looking thing especially in blue or gold!

Oh right as you can tell I know nothing about the GS!

I just really don't like the front end. Don't like the headlights :whistling: other than that it is great looking. I really like the new ones, and the 3rd generation are a bit conservative looking but I like them :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links