Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

still panicking -

february/march 2012 - MOT advisory on the exhaust - "severely corroded" - as it passed the MOT i thought i would leave it and save up.

november 2012 - warning light on dash - faulty sensor - i have not rectified the problem.

if it fails the mot in march 2013 because of the exhaust i need to have and idea as to the cost(to the nearest £1,000) of replacing the ENTIRE exhaust system(WORST CASE SCENARIO).

the quotes i have had so far range from £1,400 to £3,400(to be fair none of the quotees has actually examined the car).

QUESTIONS:-

1. has anyone had to replace their ENTIRE exhaust system and if so what was the cost?.

2> has anyone replaced COMPONENTS of the exhaust system and if so what was the cost?

3. what is the system made up of:-(downpipes?, catalytic converters?, tail pipes? etc. etc.)

many thanks in advance and apologies for being so persistently boring - i am a real geek when it comes to cars.

Cheapest way to get an entire exhaust is get a custom cat back system made. They can be bought for £300-£400 from various places. Non genuine cat can be got for around £150 if you actually needed it.

the quotes i have had so far range from £1,400 to £3,400(to be fair none of the quotees has actually examined the car).

That's a lot of money. You could get a tanabe Medalion for less and that is one amazing exhaust.

Anyway I recommend you get your car up on a ramp to determine if the whole exhaust is in a bad state. If not you should be able to get away with just replacing a part of the exhaust from some place like Kwikfit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links