Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've Changed My Is200 To A Ls430.

Ray64C

Hi Guys,

I exchanged my IS200 for a LS430 (54 Plate) two weeks ago. Can someone tell me when I stop smiling! Everytime I drive it I have a big smile all over my face. It just floats down the road, and I have to keep checking that the engine is running. I know it is going to get me in a lot of trouble, over speeding. I have to get used to the speed it gets to 30mph, and above.

Having spent a fair amount of time living abroad, and owninh several American cars. I can honestly say that my LS430 is the best car I have driven or owned.

Still Smiling!!!

Ray post-45035-0-78638100-1355598151.jpg

Congratulations on your new 430! Looking good. I've got an older LS400 (1998) and I love it and know that feeling you mention very well. Always looking for an opportunity to nip out in it and enjoy the sumptuous ride and fantastic stereo. Enjoy!

18/19 mpg around town. The LS430 just floats over the roads, before in my IS200 you felt every hole in the road, every jolt.You are right, I am just looking for excuses to drive it. The pictures are some of those taken by the dealer. I will take a few more as soon as I can.

Still smiling Ray

post-45035-0-74308000-1355769491.jpg

post-45035-0-27971300-1355769525.jpg

post-45035-0-65602800-1355769562.jpg

Comfy? The drivers' seat on my 1996 LS400 is better than my leather recliner at home and infinitely superior to my "executive" office chair. So much so that I worry about falling asleezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Your LS430 is the same colour as mine so good choice.

I am getting 22mpg including commuting which is, I think, very reasonable for the level of comfort and better than the Jaguar XJ6 2.9 and XJS 4.0 I had before, just about the same as the XJR 3.6. None of which had the comfort or reliability of the LS.

Agreed keeping to speed limits is not easy. The cruise control does work from 25mph up but I'm not sure it's sensible to use it around town.

Interesting to hear your comments re the Jags you have had. They were a couple of cars I had considered prior to buying my LS400. But, to be honest, I think that Lexus is the connoisseur's choice and I won't be scratching that Jag itch for a while yet (if ever I suspect).

And in terms of comfort, I recently built myself this to work in:

front_finished.jpg

but, to be honest, this is more comfy (and warmer):

LS400_inside_5.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links