Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cruise Control-------Normal

Have used C.C. for years for high-speed cruising on the Continent &, in the UK, for Traffic Management Systems & the odd mid-night run to the Shuttle.

However,driving through Birmingham last night in dense traffic restricted to a reasonable 60 mph due to "fog patches" I had to slow quickly to 30mph when a muppet suddenly changed lanes.The concertina effect was over in seconds-----I touched resume & the car rapidly returned to 60mph which surprised me as I have never experienced such a big reduction before when driving electronically----food for thought when shooting through Italy @ 110 on Cruise.

Be aware.

Tel

It's an ISF so will accelerate quickly, even my 2 ton LS400 will push you back in the seat if you do the same with the resume button but not to the same extent as the ISF.

I must admit when I test drove one I got out slightly shaking, certainly gets the adrenaline flowing!

I don't particularly like cruise control I don't feel in full control of the car and always have to have my foot hovering above the brake pedal.

Why did you have to touch resume? When the muppet got out of the way wouldn't the car automatically accelerate back to the desired speed.

I thought CC disengaged as soon as you hit the brake pedal so you have tp press resume to re-engage it at the previous speed?

In Normal, the cruise is set to the desired speed &,within reason, you can accelerate or brake as normal or electronically.However, on the M42, my cruise speed was reduced by 50% &,@ the flick of a switch,shot back to 100% which just surprised me @ the time.

Radar Cruise is much more gentle but the auto braking is a surprise when first experienced as the vehicle in front brakes sharply.

Still I averaged 30mg over a 230 mile trip to Cheltenham & the surrounding countryside which is excellent for a powerful V8.

Tel

The first time a car jumped into the gap I had left using radar cruise gave me a surprise as the seat belt pretensioned, pulling me back in the seat at the same time as the car braked quite hard. I rarely use radar cruise as I find it's not so smooth as driving manually, and in similar occasions to the one described find RCC over reactive. RCC set on maximum range is very useful in foggy conditions though..

Not sure I'd be wanting to use even radar cruise in the Fog!!! :blink:

My Radar Cruise won't operate in very bad spray, I presume thats normal and I'd be surprised if it worked in the fog either, although haven't had the chance to try that yet.

Not sure I'd be wanting to use even radar cruise in the Fog!!! :blink:

My Radar Cruise won't operate in very bad spray, I presume thats normal and I'd be surprised if it worked in the fog either, although haven't had the chance to try that yet.

The only time I've had a problem was in the snow. The flakes built up in front of the sensor and froze which stopped it functioning correctly. Never had a problem in rain or spray and it's very effective in the fog.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links