Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ekotec Valve

I pesonally havent used it so will be more of 'suck and see' if it does what it says on the tin.. I think the main advatage of the valve is to improve trottle response and make acceleration more urgent and smooth as stated on thier website..Lexus IS uses electronic trottle control systems i.e based on how hard/soft one accelerates instant signals are sent to the ECU which then works out what the driver intends to do so this technology is already there in your car.

http://www.lexus.com.bh/technology_explorer/electronic_throttle_control.asp?model=All

They also mentined the valve helps cause turbulence in the inlet manifold to help fluctuations in operating efficiency and flat spots. this technology(variable length intake) is already there in your IS called ACIS.

below is a copy and paste from wiki

"There are two main effects of variable intake geometry: Swirl Variable geometry can create a beneficial air swirl pattern, or turbulence in the combustion chamber. The swirling helps distribute the fuel and form a homogeneous air-fuel mixture - this aids the initiation of the combustion process, helps minimise engine knocking, and helps facilitate complete combustion. At low revolutions per minute (rpm), the speed of the airflow is increased by directing the air through a longer path with limited capacity (i.e., cross-sectional area) - and this assists in improving low engine speed torque. At high rpms, the shorter and larger path opens when the load increases, so that a greater amount of air with least resistance can enter the chamber - this helps maximise 'top-end' power. Pressurisation A tuned intake path can have a light pressurising effect similar to a low-pressure supercharger - due to Helmholtz resonance. However, this effect occurs only over a narrow engine speed band. A variable intake can create two or more pressurized "hot spots", increasing engine output. When the intake air speed is higher, the dynamic pressure pushing the air (and/or mixture) inside the engine is increased. The dynamic pressure is proportional to the square of the inlet air speed, so by making the passage narrower or longer the speed/dynamic pressure is increased" this valve might or might not enhance the IS but hey its your car so if you want to give it a go feel free to did it and you can always reverse the process if it ends up not doing anything performance wise.

Think ill bid for the chrome a/c rings instead

I think that would be money well spent lexus loon :D .. IS200 is good for what is it performance and handling wise dont forget it doesnt rev past 6500rpm so more power cannot be extracted from it. if you notice, any 2 litre petrol non aided engine making more than 155bhp needs to rev past 6500rpm to make more power so IS200 is good for what it has at its disposal. for more power and drivability(torque) IS300 answers your prayers...

or if you want something which domestic and Supercar drivers fear on the road just get this..

http://www.autotrade...s/200?logcode=p

This car and the Nissan skyline GTR are the only two cars which makes Porsche, BMW M3/M5 and and Audi RS drivers give right of way on the motorway without you having to ask for it (i.e.without you flashing your headlights or driving close to thier rear bumper) :winky:

John,. the supra was my first choice of car but having a serious back problem its not ideal ,my daughter has a celica vvti and the seats are the same as supra,ie too low and too firm so eventually i will go for an is300 but my is200 has been a great car for last 6 years and i have upgraded an s model to an se model with some sports parts on itJohn as you know its all about the petrol usage.

John,. the supra was my first choice of car but having a serious back problem its not ideal ,my daughter has a celica vvti and the seats are the same as supra,ie too low and too firm so eventually i will go for an is300 but my is200 has been a great car for last 6 years and i have upgraded an s model to an se model with some sports parts on itJohn as you know its all about the petrol usage.

I do agree its all about the petrol usage when its run on boost most of the time but driven normally i doubt it will consume more than any other 3.0 litre engine out there! nice cars tho shame emission laws are now fazing out these legendary machines from Japan. as you said IS300 gives you the comfort and Go for less than a price of a new ford KA :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links