Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Book Of Wishes And Kind Comments

Dear Members,

Jens Rathje (Redneck) a Moderator on the Euro Forums and Gold member, and close friend of mine was unfortunately seriously injured in a road traffic accident on Friday 11th july.

He was in a Coma and sustained serious injuries which thankfully are not life threatening anymore, he has come out of the coma and is making progress.

The cause of the accident isnt clear yet, but wasnt caused by Drinking or Racing, The investigation is ongoing.

I have been to visit him since returning from JAE, where he was due to come, and was very moved by the "Get Well Soon" banner we had.

We would highly appreciate, if members could leave a message with some personal lines in the online Guestbook that has been created. so we can send him a collective gift from the LOC forums.

Thank You

Mat Clawley

the link is now closed for the guestbook!!!

Thanks - it's done it now.

When I clicked on preview message, that was fine, but when I went back to submit it wouldn't have it - I got no more than 3 bars in the progress panel at the bottom of the screen.

Tried turning comp off and logging back in - still nothing

This morning works fine - probably my comp or XP - again

(By the way - completely :offtopic: but I can't see your avatar any more, just a red cross, and even when I try and open picture - nothing)

I have been upto see him Twice now.

he is out of intensive care and in a private room.

he has had all the pins and cages removed from his leg and arm

amazingly considering the number of fractures and breaks in his arm and leg they have not put them in casts (new medical procedure)

he is in alot of pain, but the treatment is aleviating the pain

he will require some skin grafts to close where the bones broke the skin, but he is getting stronger every day

he has some nerve damage, but still has movement so that is a good sign.

we go out in the wheel chair and have a race around the hospital grounds which pleases him :)

ive took up some magazines(Banzai/Jap Performance)

and he wears his Lexus Baseball cap all the time

ive seen the car.....and pics will not be posted, lets just say, he is one lucky guy, its in 2 parts, the engine and gearbox, front suspension with the bonnet and wings as one piece

and the rest of the shell less the front bulkhead and front doors as another piece

the dash and centre console are destroyed, there is a pile outside of the car which is just bits.......the remains of the dash aircon and centre console. there is not a single piece of glass left in the car

Crikes!!!!

I know what hes going through as i myself was in involved in an accident in 2000(lucky to be alive)

and in a coma for 4weeks!!

Lets just hope he makes a speedy recovery and gets out of hospital real soon,

remember cars can be replaced

Get well soon Jens

maybe rename him as bionic man

have left message on guest book

Today he had the visit from the Big Honcho doctor, they are deciding whether to do the skin graft of not

this is to close the area of damage where the fractures were.

his spirits are 100% and news of small things done by the club like this guest book afe making him stronger each day.

The guys on the Euro club made a collection which has closed today, some of this money has gone to buy him a gift from Lexus Owners Club Euro.

the remainder will be passed to Jens

• 2 weeks later...

Jens has now moved to the Rehabilitation Centre,

he is obviously happier about this, took him some DVD's up as he has a room to himself there.

everyday he is doing more and more work on his leg and arm.

he is still suffering from nerve problems in his foot and hand, but the fact he can feel the pain is a good thing.

,...........YES, Shown him the pics from JAE that Bazza sent on a disc.

he said " i will be at next years JAE............"

HE was happy we had a great time, but sad he couldnt be there himself.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links