Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Few Fault Codes

Hey guys sorry am a noob here but I need some help.

I went to look at an is200 today and sprung up a few fault codes , I now need to know if it's worth paying the £1200 the bloke wants or weather or not to look for another. The car itself is in good condition with only 85k on it , it's a v reg, runs starts and drives absolutely fine.

The fault codes are

P0174

P0300

P0302

P0303

P0304

P0306

I've read that p0174 is running lean on bank2 and the others are missfires, is this an easy fix and worth the money.

Also the engine is abit tappy., the bloke says its because it's stood for a few months.

I'd be grateful for any advice and help

Thanks Shane

It's difficult to give advice on actually buying it. But they're common to have the coil packs go down which causes miss fires. A misfire can also make the engine sound a little rattly due to the off balance nature.

It could be as simple as a coil pack change. But I can't comment on the rattle really without having heard it.

They do rattle sometimes on a cold start until the oil gets round, but after five minutes and a few blips of the throttle they should be pretty smooth.

they are lots of IS200' about for that price range so i would look for another which is not throwing codes. a car throwing codes might be a sign of big bills coming your way but thats not always the case. personally i would stay away from this one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links