Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hello all....my drive belt [fan belt] tensioner pulley has started to make a noise for a few seconds first thing..my question is does the whole thing need to be replaced or can i replace just the pulley or in fact can the bearing just be replaced..if so does any one know of any suppliers etc?...gs300 1998 s reg..many thanks for any input david

I know this bearing fits the tensioner on the LS400 and could be the same on the GS300, you would need to remove the pulley and check the number on it to confirm but if the same it is then just a case of pressing the old one out and the new one in which any local engineering company or garage should be able to do cheaply.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270819346252?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What sort of noise is it making? A worn belt will make various noises, especially now the damper mornings are upon us. I would change the belt first, and see if the noises cease.

thanx steve2006 for that...gue that means the bearing can be replaced at least.just need to make sure on correct one.....thanx tiger but deffo pulley making noise....do you think lexus sell just the pulley without tension part..david

squirted magic wd40 on pulley bearing and eh presto

I did wonder if it was that. As the bearing is sealed, it is hard to tell if the wd40 lubricated the bearing, or the worn belt on the pulley. I would still change the belt as a matter of course, and then do the bearing afterwards if need be (as it would make sense to put a new belt on if the pulley was being changed anyway). Just a thought.

tiger belt not worn only squirted wd40 on pulley and noise stopped..took pulley off and slight grinding on bearing which was fount last week..nothing wrong with belt...my thoughts :backofnet: ...lol

tiger belt not worn only squirted wd40 on pulley and noise stopped..took pulley off and slight grinding on bearing which was fount last week..nothing wrong with belt...my thoughts :backofnet: ...lol

lol.... Does help if you give the full story :rolleyes:

read 1st post has mentioned only pulley nothing bout belt ok.steve2006 seemed to of grasp it with his post withot any confusion :baaa: lmao..but no worries ok..thanx for your input

• 10 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links