Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tweeter Speaker Water Leak

Drove home the other day through heavy rain, parked up, then noticed some droplets of water coming out from the tweeter speaker on the driver's door. I've read a couple of posts before somewhere about this issue and it seems to be a problem confined to Mk4's? Anyhow, I didn't fancy dismantling any trim (no time, too wet), so next day I discreetly filled in the gaps where the door mirror fixes to the window with some clear silicon, (so that it hardly shows). It's the narrow gap surrounding the triangular- shaped piece which needs filling in and can be a bit fiddly to get at, as the mirror gets in the way, but I think it's stopped any water getting in. It rained hard last night and so far all has remained dry inside. Have to see how it goes, I'm sure it will rain again soon to test out my cheap fix!

Martin, funny you should say that, there's a bit of rust on my tweeter grill too now you come to mention it. I didn't take too much notice of it until the water leak appeared. Will look at passenger side mirror- fixing tomorrow. Might give it the same treatment with the silicon as driver's side, just as a preventative measure.

Occasionally I get a drip from the sliding roof after heavy rain and this runs down the the windscreen pillar near to the tweeter, check the roof seals/drains before blaming the door!

Thanks guys, I assumed it was from the side- mirror panel leaking in, but will look at the sunroof chanels as you suggest and rod them through with some plastic strimmer wire just to be on the safe side.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links