Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Installed My New Lowering Springs... After A 9 Week Delivery Time Lol

KentIS300

So I did it at last ... the car has been fitted with the new springs (Eibach had given me estimated of 8-9weeks delivery time from USA and they were spot on)

Unseized calipers

Unseized pins

New disks and pads as the old ones were baked! lol

New springs (Eibach Sportline which lower the car from 1.7" up to 2.3")

Painted the calipers red all around

The car now feels well great I must say.. not bouncy and not hard. It is nicely firm like I was hoping it will be.

I kept the stock shocks as after spending £320 for the springs could not afford much. But the stock ones were in a good condition :)

The car does not knock or rattle so I am very pleased with that as well.

Problems I have now ... seized tracking bolts ... so I need to unseize them somehow..

a wheel nut has broken off from the front wheel, I cannot tell if it was the spacers I installed (back and front) or that the nut was on its way out.

Oh and all the noises I have been suffering all the time when I was manouevering stationary... from the front. They were from the old pads they were very looose and causing all the problems ... plus the sticky caliper an pins.

Here are some pics

IMG-20120929-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20120929-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20120929-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20120929-WA0003.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_20120929_231500.jpg

IMG_20120929_231412.jpg

Looks good - I was gonna say get it into WIM to get it set up, since the geo will be thrown out now. Might as well get the absolute best out of it now you've installed the springs!

I have found their website, yes the Geo is all over the place so I need to get the best indeed.

Will give them a call about the cost of it , and what they can do.

So I can combine it with one of my London client visits.

They did a great job with mine, and from what I've read they do a great job with everyone's. And the price is more than just getting the tracking done, but when you realise what it is they do, you realise that 1) they do a lot more than just the normal tracking and 2) that the normal tracking is actually pointless and doesn't really achieve anything. Add to that, that it could double (or more) the lifetime of your tyres, it doesn't work out that expensive ;)

OK today I took it to WIM and they have done the all around tracking and steering so it is now all sorted drives like a new car :) :)

I have camber issues as the car is too low, but I knew about it before I even lower it ... lol it is about 50mm more less lowered hehehehe.

I need to get the front camber kit before I install new front tyres to replace the old shot ones.

Any suggestion on camber kits? I assume there is no rear camber kit? only for front?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links