Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacement Wheels (Rx Mk Ii)

So my original wheels are bubbling up rapidly and I'm looking into replacing them. I've noticed that Lexus are going to do 19" wheels on the new F Sport RX (and I'd give you a link if the Lexus site wasn't so over the top insistent on using bad Javascript) and I was thinking it might be nice to get 19" wheels but I don't know what the size is and anything I look up says 'does not fit'.

So does anyone have any idea what the exact wheel size, including details like offset, is for the 18" and 19" wheels? Or some suggestions for wheels?

Thanks

Have you considered having the wheels refurbished? - it would work out a lot cheaper and you would be hard pushed to notice the difference from having new wheels. I believe that taking this option, you can also change the colour of the wheels for a darker shade, which can look very smart.

I am no technician but I think you will need to investigate the impact of fitting larger wheels. I seem to recall that it you fit larger wheels, you need to also fit lower profile tyres so as to keep the overall diameter of the wheels the same as the original. If you do not do so, it impacts fuel consumption and your odometer will no longer be accurate. In turn, this will impact service frequency and no doubt the wear and tear of other components (brakes?).

I leave it to the experts to contradict me... ;-)

Have you considered having the wheels refurbished? - it would work out a lot cheaper and you would be hard pushed to notice the difference from having new wheels. I believe that taking this option, you can also change the colour of the wheels for a darker shade, which can look very smart.

I am no technician but I think you will need to investigate the impact of fitting larger wheels. I seem to recall that it you fit larger wheels, you need to also fit lower profile tyres so as to keep the overall diameter of the wheels the same as the original. If you do not do so, it impacts fuel consumption and your odometer will no longer be accurate. In turn, this will impact service frequency and no doubt the wear and tear of other components (brakes?).

I leave it to the experts to contradict me... ;-)

Changing the wheels will also lead to your insurer consider charging a higher premium for a modified car - if you don't tell your insurer and then claim, they are able to repudiate the policy so tread warily.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links