Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Car

Hi all I have just purchased my first Lexus on Friday - It's an IS200SE blue 2001 with sat nav: just a couple of questions for you (experienced) guys

Servicing - My nearest dealership is in Manchester, do these offer discounts to members?

Gearbox - Is it me or does the six-speed gearbox ratios seem too low?

Performance - I also own (soon to be sold) a Mondeo ST24 and it obviously is alot faster than the Lexus, so to improve the performance should i save up for a supercharger (this will take time) or go for the standard tuning ecu, exhaust etc? ideas please

Styling - I would like to improve the look of the car but without spending an arm and a leg, also I dontwant it to look too aggressive e.g. massive boot spoiler, any ideas?

Thanks

Jasp

p.s. I posted this on the gold forum, 25 people viewed it, 0 replied :question:

Congratulations on your new purchase! :)

Sorry I can't be much help, I'm a complete "mod virgin"! My guess is that a supercharger is going to give a bigger performance boost than a big bore exhaust etc, but you'll have to wait for the experts to answer that.

There are body kits available, both thru your local Lexus dealer (details available thru the Lexus website) and thru third parties. Best do a search as there's lots of options. Obviously the dealer fitted styling mods are more 'understated' than some of the 3rd party ones.

Anyway, hope you find what you're looking for, and enjoy the car! B) :D

To get the discounts on servicing you have to go GOLD first.

Its well worth it as you also get discounts on performance parts and body kits etc from all over the place.

I cannot really comment on the mod side of things, but I would guess £ vs performance the supercharger has to be a good bet. Not cheap though. There was a group buy on this not long ago - again you have to be gold to get it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links