Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is300 Hid's?

matt-c

Just a quickie - the IS300's had HID's as standard (and the 200 LE's, or no?) - did they only have HID in the dipped beam, HID in the dipped and the main beam, or HID in the dipped, main, and fog lights?

both dipped and main has HID's fogs on my TTE's are sport Yellow ones not sure if none TTE models had the yellow ones tho but there are lots of new yellow IS fogs on eBay for conversion if one wants but they not cheap i.e. not £10 or £20

Sounds like yours has had aftermarket parts noby - yellow dogs are JDM only, or aftermarket over here (or self tint) and if what kodiac says is correct, then sounds like yours has had aftermarket HID fitted to the main beams too.

What do you mean "non TTE models"? As far as I've read, everywhere, the TTE bumpers and wheels were options, not a special edition or limited model? Far as I can find, the IS300 came in only two models - IS300 and LE

fogs might have been aftermarket fiited by previous owner but previous owner was a Mrs so i doubt she would be into car modding! my main beams are also hid's maybe she fitted those on it aswell but cant see any after market wiring of this linking to the car Battery when i pop my bonnet open!

I meant the 'TTE options' in my Lexus owners booklet its listed as 'IS300 Sport + Styling Kit' I think those were seperate models as also confirmed by parkers.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/lexus/is/saloon-1999/

There isn't any wiring running to the Battery with HIDs - they plug into the standard harness and replace the original bulbs.

Contemplating putting a set into mine, but umming and arring over doing just the dipped beams, or dipped and main (and maybe the fogs too, so they all match)

Pretty sure they aren't a separate model, like how the IS200 has 4 separate models : S, SE, Sport and LE - the 300 only lists 2 separate models, that I can find anywhere (including the official spec sheet on this forum) : which is the regular IS300 and LE. Parkers most likely list it including the styling kit to appropriate value (like how the 3 Series with the M-Sport kit isn't a separate model; it's just a 3 Series with a factory option kit)

Quite possibly, unless it was a dealer request maybe? Unlikely, as I don't think you're supposed to supply a vehicle with yellow fogs, but I could well be wrong

I think I might put a set of HIDs in mine, but probably only the dip beam - see how I like them before committing to doing the rest. Might be bright enough I don't even need the fogs or main beam doing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links