Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My First Lexus An Is-F

MrW

I'm almost 3 months into ownership of a 08 IS-F and I have to say despite a few issues with the dealer, the car is absolutely fantastic. Always liked the IS-F and after testing driving one 12 months ago and then loosing my bottle, I knew if the right one at the right price came along in the future, I'd end up buying it. and thats what happened.

Mr W, I too have taken the plunge into Lexus ownership with an ISF. I managed to convince my wife that its a practical family saloon. Currently I`m sneaking off to top up with fuel so she doesn`t realise how thirsty it actually is! Told her it would be as economical as her R32 was.Only had it 3 days and it`s flashing that it needs a service even though its only done 2000 miles since the last one 12 months ago.She`s arranged a meeting with the manager of the local dealership on Monday to find out how everything works as we seem unable to extract the kids from the rear of the car after we have got out of our seats.Also rain sensitive wipers must be set up for monsoons as they don`t appear to come on.

Aside from these very very minor issues I suspect this is the best car I`ve ever owned and my children keep asking me to "do the noise thing Daddy", but don`t tell the wife...

:lol: My 4 y.o old encourages me to go fast too. "Wow daddy your car is super fast isn't it daddy" is the usual response.

There service interval is 10K or 12months so its probably right! the wipers are a bit slow to react although the sensitivity adjustment seems to be backwards compared to my 330i and to logic!

Have you sorted the cruise yet, took me a while to find the non radar bit, it was a pain as the radar doesn't work in the spray, although I travel a lot on the concrete M54, which generates a lot of spray with very little rain, so not sure if many have the same issue.

Economy wise, it is obviously bad, but relatively, not too bad, my average is currently indicating 24.9 and i have seen 30 out the tank average, on a long and steady run. Round town and with a shift on it is awful, but hey its going to be. I do 20K a year but hey, my daughters just started school, so i'm saving 400 a month in child care!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links