Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yesterday (Friday) I had the front exhaust section (with the 2 sensors) removed by the local garage so I could weld up a split in the centre, which they then re-fitted.

This morning I have noticed the engine warning light is staying on... any idea's? :shutit:

Probably associated with the recent work carried out on the exhaust so you need to check all the sensors which were disturbed and the wiring to them.

First thing would be to have the OBDII fault codes read which should lead you in the right direction.

Probably associated with the recent work carried out on the exhaust so you need to check all the sensors which were disturbed and the wiring to them.

First thing would be to have the OBDII fault codes read which should lead you in the right direction.

Well I watched the guy unscrew them, then put them back in so as far as I could see there was no problems there? I will get the fault codes read on Monday hopefully.

The car runs fine as it is, will I be doing any damage by still driving it?

You should be OK driving it for a short period of time, due to the heat around the exhaust the sensor wires do become brittle and sometimes disturbing the sensors can break them internally.

Once you have the codes come back with them.

Just had an OBDII reader plugged in the car which came up with a stored code of P0430 - CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHHOLD BANK 2.

Had the code erased and all seems good now - no engine check light.

I think the code came up as a result of the fitter releasing both flanges while the car was running to put sealer on which I suppose partly stopped the centre cat getting the full flow, throwing up the fault?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links