Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tte Bumper And Headlamp Washers

Hi all

Following on from the IS300 + Styling Kit being illegal without the washers thread I was wondering does anyone out there actually know how they are fitted to the bumper? :withstupid:

I have a 2001 IS200 Sport and I am considering fitting the TTE Front Bumper. However I really want to keep the headlamp washer system as I had this on my last car (Impreza Turbo) and found it invaluable especially in winter when the roads are salted and the car in front sprays the front of your car and headlamps with grime etc.

My Lexus dealer (Lexus Belfast) says it cannot be done even after I said that i've read on here that it could. Does anyone know what exatctly is invloved? Does it invlove some DIY bodging/modification of existing parts or do I need extra parts to make this work? Or is it a different type of TTE bumper altogether?

If someone could enlighten me about all this it would be brilliant.

Cheers

Gavin :)

If they are NOT going to fit it for you then the only other way is to take off existing

bumper,have a measure up then cut the holes for the washers to slot into and

take off any ancillary parts you need for the swap, not done this myself but if you

really want the TTE bumper and LEXUS Belfast wont do it then i guess you have no

other option.

Dont really want to say this but,........have you done a search or looked

in the workshop for an article on this,dont know if there is one but its always

worth a try,failing that pm supracharge340 im sure he will help?

There must be guys out there that have done this?

ANYONE............................

so what are Lexus Belfast going to do when someone brings their IS300 with TTE front bumper in to get them fitted?

I thought they were the same bumper!! That means that either Lexus UK have not communicated properly to their dealers about this, or someone is telling porkies!!

Thanks for your comments guys. I have tried the search facility and looked through the workshop section but no joy there either :(

Like you say pee j, its probably best to take off the original bumper, see whats what and just take it from there, unless anyone has anything better to suggest or have actually done this themselves...

Help!

Gavin

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links