Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Member Looking At A 220D

Ali85

Hi Guys,

New on here and I'm currently looking at buying my Uncle's IS 220d and so far have managed to find out alot about the car on here so thanks! I can get it for a reduced price from my Uncle, its 4 years old and only 7k miles, but with hearing on here about the plethora of reported issues (5th injector, head gasket, mpg...) I'm currently weighing up whether or not to go ahead with it.

Ali

With only 7k on the clock and 4 years old everything's covered by Lexus still surely? Don't pass that up, if head gasket goes you'll get a new engine free, if fifth injector goes you'll get that free!

Normally I say don't touch the 220d but in your case if def have it!! :)

While you don't say what you are paying for it - and I'm not asking you to, its likely you will be getting a 7k car (barely run in) for an extremely good price. I'm not sure about the warranty issue (4 years old) and I defer to Chris' kmowledge on that point, but even so, you are looking at an almost showroom, top notch car. Even if you did have to spend some money on it in the future, there would be others in this forum that would queue outside you Uncle's house for a fortnight to have a chance of getting a car like that.

Go for it!

My brother in law bought a 3 year old 220d with 50k on the clock and it came with a 7 year, 110k Lexus warranty so still had 4 years on it.

Not sure what the warranty covers exactly but definitely the head gasket which would be my biggest worry as it was my brother in laws :)

Ignore a lot of the negative things on here, lots of people only join forums to moan. The 220D is a great car. The engine is covered till 7 years or 100k so get it bought(or let me buy it!).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links