Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Deposit Down. Already A Few Things To Fix...

As you may have noticed from other posts I've put a deposit on an Aztec fire SE auto. Just waiting for it to have the brake pads and disks changed all round before collection.

There are however as always a few problems that aided my bargaining power, plus a few other niggly things that I'll want to sort later on.

First is the front fog lights. For some reason they're both half full of road silt and gravel. Odd?

Second is the dreaded error 3 on the cd changer. Will have a nose at it but it doesn't bother me as an iPod kit is on the priority list.

And as far as little things go, the front seats have gone a bit bobbly on the fabric from general wear. Any tips? Perhaps one of those clothes de-bobbling things?

Apart from that it ain't bad for 125k miles aside a few scuffs and stone chips as would be expected. Full dealer history up till 109k too. Need to check the cam belt though. Is it easy to inspect like on 2JZ engines?

It won't be gaining any more service history as I work in engineering so try not to pay others to do work on my car unless it's a pain of a job.

Sorry for all the questions. Can't wait to pick it up, even if it is in piston heads shed of the week territory!

like the saying goes 'once you go Lexus you cant go back' :winky: . you will keep coming back!! cus regardless of thier age and mileage they will still drive and hold like a Lexus.

Back home with the car and I loved the 45 mile trip.

Found out why the fog lights are full of grit, had a quick nose through the vents in the wheel arch and there isn't any bulbs or bulb holders in the socket. So they're just open. Odd!

Also got a P0135 error. That's one of the oxygen sensor heater circuits. I'll try to get the dealer to replace bank 1 sensor. Then I've got a denso universal one lying around so may just replace bank 2 myself. Won't have to worry about those for a few years then.

It needs a good clean though. It's been smoked in before so any tips for that would be good.

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with the car in general. It's everything I hoped it would be. Quite impressed with the stereo too. Reckon it sounds better than the JBL system I had in my Prius.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links