Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

High Mileage Secondhand Is220D

Guest bigbullhead

Guest bigbullhead

Having committed myself to a Lexus I thought I would ask members their thoughts on it

It's done 105000 miles got full service history and the multimedia pack having been owned by Essex fire brigade I think it's been looked after also having read posts on the recalls and the driver unfriendly gearbox I just wanted to run it past all of you to get your thoughts on how far these cars will go with 100000 to 200000 miles

havent owned or driven an IS220d but from owners experiece it seems diesels are not Lexus's strengths so they are not the best diesel cars but some owners are happy with them too. you could take a gamble and go for it and you'll be surprise it might run trouble free miles in your ownership but again no car is 100% reliable will boil down to how much your willing to put up with it. 250000 - 300000 is not unheard of in Petrol powered Lexus engines and I think Petrol engines is Lexus strength so if in two minds just go for IS250 Auto/manual but i will lean more towards the Auto. if your driving does not involve 70-80% motorway driving then you wont save much on a diesel powered car anyway. hope this helps

I think you posted this in 2 places?

Anyway check head gasket has ever been replaced. Lexus will have the recall and service history. It's such a common failure that Lexus will fix for free if under extended warranty of 110 thousand miles or 7 years.

If the head gasket has never been replaced then its seems it's only a matter of time before it goes on these models.

Oh and my brother in laws IS220D is on 75k and had 2 head gasket failures! Just shows how common it is! Apart from that issue he loves the car and I've driven it a few times and must say I like it a lot except for 6th gear is useless under 70mph and don't try and pull away at a roundabout in second gear if it's a manual as you will die! Lol.... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links