Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Cd Player

cluvie

Want to change to an after market unit but I'm not electronically minded at all.. can somebody please tell me exactly what I need to do this please? I can remove factory unit no bother after that trouble starts. What do I need and where can i buy. Thks

For a standard unit you will need a facia mounting kit and the adaptor plugs.

If you can remove the radio the fitting of the brackets shouldn't pose a problem for you, the leads mean the new radio is plug and play so no messing around joining wires up to speakers and power etc.

Below is an example of what you need.

http://www.ebay.co.u...9d#ht_592wt_956

Your other question in the electronics forum refering to the amp bypass.

The IS200 has a seperate amplifier behind the glovebox and if you fit a replacement head unit this amp is no longer needed so needs to be bypassed.

Have a read of the link below which explains in more detail and tells you how to go about the job.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=76456&st=0&p=774518&hl=+amp%20+bypass&fromsearch=1entry774518

Steve seems to know his stuff! :)

All I'll say is it seems to be a complete arse. My mate changed his to a pop out touch screen DVD player. Ever since he fitted it he gets a flat Battery at least once a month... Coincidence? I don't think so. His problems have stopped me fitting an aftermarket one!

thxs for replies guys..i checked behind glove box and no amp..i got another head unit but rear plugs are different..the code on it is 13903..my mate has a 99 is200 sport so we tried it on his car but different units..i was mad to see if the s/hand head unit was working or not. The code on my head unit is 13904. I tried a few breakers today but no joy :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links