Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Time To Say Goodbye

Hi all, i recently sold my IS200 during the week, so its time to say goodbye. Thanks for all your help etc, during my 3 years of almost problem free motoring during my ownership. Anyway i do have one last question for you all what do i buy next??? got a budget of 4K and needs to be 4 or 5 door and iv been promising myself a turbo car for years now. After talking to a friend of mine who works for those who quote you happy.... (my arse) about insurance on turbo charged cars and all the ones i would normaly go for are so god dam expensive to insure because they are desirable. My friend told to look at volvo or saab's as the insurance on them is that much cheaper.

I'v always said i would buy jap or german but iam starting to consider swed, an saab 9-3 aero or volvo S60 t5 or S60R what are around the same price to insure as the is200, the s60r is a little more but wont break the bank. Anyone on here had any experiences with eirther of these? Iv spoken to a friend of mine who has an aero and said the only problem is that he lost alot of money now that saab have gone under. He brought his around 4 years ago for about 15K and is only valued around 3K now. Another friend of mine who has v70 didnt have a bad word about volvo either.

Can't comment on the Saab but if values have fallen then you can buy a lot of nice car for little money.. My buddy is a Volvo man (Loves them) and has had a T5 in the past... Very quick but they can drink like a good 'un and auto transmission problems can be expensive to sort

tho havent driven any of them both companys have been making Turbo charged cars for years so both should be rigid and reliable if taken care of obviously. i.e when its due an oil change or service do it and not waste time as turbo charged cars go through a lot of stress/heat and pressure so things like oil, coolant, brake fluids etc cannot be ignored. Turbos will need replacing on all turbo charged cars at some point which is not cheap due to labour cost involved so something with a full service history and less owners should be top on your list. I personally like the design of Saab 93's but heard Volvo T5's are one hell of rapid cars and very very comfortable aswell. If volvo had a Saab 93 design i would pick the volvo but thats not saying Saab Turbo engines dont have ooomph or style. if i would pick a turbo charged car today it would have to be

Mazda 6 MPS AWD its japanese so you have the reliabilty checked, its turbo charged direct fuel injected checked, its Saloon so has four doors and a boot checked, it looks mean with the front grills, body kit and double exhaust to make an M3 driver think twice checked, its all wheel drive so grip and acceleration from standstill, in and out of corners or rolling start is instant with less wheel spin checked, It can be driven in all weather rain/snow/sun shine checked, it has all the toys checked, and the best part is its not common on UK roads checked and falls within your budget checked. tho not turbo charged Lexus IS300 and Ford ST220's can hold it....

the hell with it all! Just get yourself a nice Subaru Impreza WRX STI! Thats what ill be getting next

a preza STI shouts 'am a bad boy look at me' whereas an MPS says 'its just a Mazda'

till you floor it ...

Imprezas are built like fortresses, absolutely solid and have a hell of a spec as standard. They like a good thrash every now and again. Depends what you want out of the car though I guess. Still, theres kinda a japanese theme going on eh! Im deffo a jap man myself. volvo and saab dont really do anything for me. HOWEVER I know this is abit off topic but I think the new mercs like the C63 AMG etc are absolutely gorgeous. Mean as hell.

I would love a Scooby but the insurance on them is a joke! Plus they as said they are a look at me car. Mazda 6 I hadn't really look at them, I would rather stay jap, I might have to have a look.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links