Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've a Lexus IS220d (2007) and on Friday I came to get in it, it seemed like it was just about to start and then suddenly it was if it lost all power.

The engine start LED would turn orange and green and the door lights would light up very dimly but nothing else all all. Not even hazards.

I firstly assumed it was the Battery or the connections to it, but after running a volt meter over the Battery it seems to be reporting 12.5v and the connectors are nice and tight.

At the moment I've had it recovered to outside the local Lexus dealers for them to potentially look at on Monday, but wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Even though the Battery measured 12.5V I would still say the Battery has failed, when starting the Battery current is the most important requirement (CCA) and if there is insufficient it won't be enough to start the engine or power anythng else like the hazard lights if really shot.

Did recovery not try a boost start?

Even though the battery measured 12.5V I would still say the battery has failed, when starting the battery current is the most important requirement (CCA) and if there is insufficient it won't be enough to start the engine or power anythng else like the hazard lights if really shot.

Did recovery not try a boost start?

No, they didn't think it seems like a Battery issue, but who knows, it was tipping down at 11pm at night! A agree current is the more important, but I couldn't measure that with what I'd got!

A little worrying if it is the Battery as it's only 6 months old and there were no signs of sluggishness beforehand.

Probably not your Battery if only 6 months old. I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago. Tried to start the car and it gave up and lost all power within 5 seconds. Got warning 'Check VSC' message. Recovery started the car with booster, and checked the error message with his diagnostic gizmo which reported camshaft sensor, he cleared the message for me (normally £80 at a stealership) for free, and haven't had any trouble since.

I have the same problem!!! Tried starting my car now and the start button turns green and it says check complete, but it fails to start. I have noticed the red Battery symbol is appearing and also the front heater button yellow light is flashing which is weird so will get the Battery checked out.

I had similar problem once. I had a mains powered car Battery charger so I left it charging the car Battery over night. Next day it started first thing and never had this problem since. I think I may have left the boot open or something like that that had drained the Battery.

My car is working now :) My dad put deoonised water in d Battery n they tried to push start it but it wouldnt so got the leads and jump started it. Since then its been ok so hopefully no problems again else Ill need to get a new Battery!

Lexus have been in touch with about my car.

Is was related to the Battery. The last owner had Halfords put a Battery in, but it seems like the terminals were on the wrong way around for what the car usually has. Because of this a wire had been stretched and rubbed against something and worn out.

So it's working now, but they are concerned with the low oil it had, which is great because I had an oil consumption test with them a few weeks ago and they said it wasn't burning oil.

My car is working now :) My dad put deoonised water in d battery n they tried to push start it but it wouldnt so got the leads and jump started it. Since then its been ok so hopefully no problems again else Ill need to get a new battery!

Just a little advice please don't be offended but it is not a good idea to try and bump start a car with a catalytic convertor.

Reason being is if the engine doesn't fire up you may get neat petrol dumped straight into the cat.

Having said that most injected cars will not operate the fuel injectors until the engine is cranking at a predetermined speed , normally around 500 rpm so bump starting will not work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links