Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi I've recently got an is 220d SE and it needs an 80k service. What is done in the service and what should I expect to pay? any thoughts greatly appreciated. My nearest dealer is in Liverpool.

Deso,

I am about to get my 40k service done which I presume will be the same as yours (the big service) I have managed to get my service down to £330 which includes the following :-

high grade fully synthetic 0w/30 engine oil and covering the following parts

oil filter and sump washer  brake fluid change rear diff oil change and air conditioning pollen filter change, a new key fob Battery, a full strip down of front and rear brakes grease and refit. lights locks all other levells toped up and an ecu update if not already on the latest data.

the other slightly cheaper service includes oil and filter change and a air filter change  and a brake visual check and 60 pointv check list.

both services are carried out by lexus trained technicians and genuine lexus parts.

Hope this helps

Not sure what is done for an 80k service but if your car is over 5 years old (I see yours is a 2007), then Lexus Essential Care Servicing will be cheaper, but 'differs from a standard manufacturers recommended service'. I don't know exactly what that means. Has anyone had one of these services, and if so, how do they differ from the 'recommended'? See the blurb and prices below:

*Interim service at £159 inclusive of parts, labour and VAT @ 20%. Major service available from £279, depending on model type. Essential Care Service differs from standard manufacturer's recommended service. For full details of servicing content please ask your Lexus Centre or call 0845 278 8888.

• 3 months later...

I'm needing a 5r/50,000 mile service

I asked the dealer service manager about the 'essential care' service (which he hadn't mentioned) and he didn't really want to talk about it

He agreed that they could do it but that it "wasn't a proper service, just a straight oil and filter change" and didn't include any of the 'usual checks', nor did it justify a stamp in the service book

He was pretty vague about what extra work was done to justify a 'proper' £100+ more expensive service, just that it included 'numerous checks' - but that the cost didn't include any fluids needing topping up/changing

The fcat that when asked what oil would be used he said 'It's in a big tank, but it's Lexus oil' didn't inspire confidence

I am now no wiser, but I really don't see any advantage to paying the extra £100 or so for the 'proper' service.....or why (if it is simply an oil/filter change) there are major and minor services at £159 and £279 respectively

I have read a response from Lexus to another owner in which they basically told him to ask the dealer what they did for each - implying that it varied according to the dealership

Has anyone any info on what the Lexus service schedule actually stipulates should be done?

ben

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links