Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Getting Rid Of My Mk1 Gs, But What Next Mk2 3.0 Or 4.3

I think the time has come to get rid of the 96 Mk1 GS and get something different, i have 2 options a sport mk2 3 litre without nav or an SE mk2 4.3 with nav

both look decent cars, and both are very cheap, on paper the fuel consumption looks similer but whats the real world difference like

gs3litre2.jpg

3 litre

gs430.jpg

4.3 litre

no not really i had the TEIN coilovers fitted, which are coming off, and i fitted the toyota double din fascia, which, is coming out, it was mostly mechanical work to keep it running sweet, but to be honest i just want to move onto something a bit newer

regards the "power" thing, thats a huge part of it, but in this case its not all of it as the better half will be using it more than me.......and i dont think i will be keeping this GS300/430 that long, just untill i am settled in a new job then will look at a much newer GS

If power isn't a consideration, then the year of the 300 may make a difference. I have the Nav in my 430, it is ok, but not something I would take into account as a deal clincher. The 430 is definately a better car, but the 300 if it is new enough (2001 onwards I think) has shift buttons on the steering wheel which Lexus for some reason decided wasn't a feature they would do on the 430. Plus, the ride height and wheels on the Sport do look better than the SE. Unfortunately, the "Sport" pictured doesn't have the TTE front lip, which makes a massive difference to the sporty look IMO, but may not be a consideration.

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links