Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wass

There is a current sales gimick of offering nitrogen in place of air to fill tyres. This is something which the track boys started because it gives slightly more stability to the tyre pressures. Air is only about 78% nitrogen with the rest being mostly oxygen . I have to admit to being curious and so I asked a friend who regularly attends track days in his caterham and is one of the quicker guys ( and is far quicker than me). His reply was that his lap times werent noticeably affected......... nuff said. Nitrogen tyre fills arent for me!... (Another useful and money saving tip from the Prius site). Prices for nitrogen can vary but I seem to remember somebody mentioned £1 per tyre. :D

I'd avoid it, having had it on a car once the handling actually worsened. But I think that was due to Kwikfit shafting me again by putting Continentals on the car when I'd pre-ordered roadworthy tyres.

But the reason to avoid is because it means the tyre's effectively junked if there's a puncture. But then again, our tyres are effectively junked on punctures anyway due to us having puncture repair kits instead of proper spare tyres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links