Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Haven't Laughed So Much In Ages

Pretty sure this car was for sale when I first looked at ls400/430 on eBay.

It was listed as an auction and classified at the same time, supposedly selling for £2-3K from memory.

This was months ago, when the vendor had a slightly different username, now defunct.

Also, they recently listed a 400 they had taken in p/ex against a 430, which I assumed was the one on this thread.

If you check on their compleated items they use the £19999.99 over and over must be some new sales technique that passes way over my head. Feedback is poor.

Mike

If you check on their compleated items they use the £19999.99 over and over must be some new sales technique that passes way over my head. Feedback is poor.

Mike

Can you enlighten me please Mike?

How can I bring up their completed sales?

why complicate things???

just take good clear pictures

Write a detailed description including all the info that people will want to know

price it right - then atleast you have created a very good chance of a sale!

Pretty sure this car was for sale when I first looked at ls400/430 on ebay.

It was listed as an auction and classified at the same time, supposedly selling for £2-3K from memory.

This was months ago, when the vendor had a slightly different username, now defunct.

Also, they recently listed a 400 they had taken in p/ex against a 430, which I assumed was the one on this thread.

agreed and exactly what i thought!

Mike

Can you enlighten me please Mike?

How can I bring up their completed sales?

If you get the lot up with the link, then click on see other items, Right hand side, he does have a couple still live with that price on but if you look on the left hand side look for, Completed listings, click on that and all his previous sales will come up.

Mike

I would suggest that he changes his sales price to £19999 whenever he sells a car, but the classified ad still has time to run, to prevent further unneccessary sales calls. The high price will put off caller for a car that is already sold, and the vendor can allow the advert to run to it's conclusion.

I am sure he could have pulled the advert at the time of sale, but it's probably quicker just to change the price and leave the advert up as exposure for his business.

I would suggest that he changes his sales price to £19999 whenever he sells a car, but the classified ad still has time to run, to prevent further unneccessary sales calls. The high price will put off caller for a car that is already sold, and the vendor can allow the advert to run to it's conclusion.

I am sure he could have pulled the advert at the time of sale, but it's probably quicker just to change the price and leave the advert up as exposure for his business.

The thing is if as alot of people do these days know their way around eBay you would see that lot and run a mile as all it deos is scream SCAM SCAM SCAM You certainly wouldnt trust anything he tells you.

Mike

The thing is if as alot of people do these days know their way around eBay you would see that lot and run a mile as all it deos is scream SCAM SCAM SCAM You certainly wouldnt trust anything he tells you.

Mike

Not at all, a vastly over-inflated price wouldn't be the ploy of a scammer, quite the reverse.

Now, if he was advertising cars at well BELOW their market value, I'd tend to agree with you.

I see plenty of vendors on eBay who suddenly increase the price of a product that is usually £9.99 to £999 simply because they are waiting to restock, but don't want to pay for two listings.

I see plenty of vendors on eBay who suddenly increase the price of a product that is usually £9.99 to £999 simply because they are waiting to restock, but don't want to pay for two listings.

That doesn't really apply here surely, he can't restock an identical used car.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them, partly due to them closing their account and restarting under a virtually identical user name, but mainly due to cars apparently being sold then reappearing on a regular basis.

Some of the feedback on their previous account wasn't too clever either.

Mike

Not at all, a vastly over-inflated price wouldn't be the ploy of a scammer, quite the reverse.

Now, if he was advertising cars at well BELOW their market value, I'd tend to agree with you.

Yes my point was that if he is prepared to duck & dive over that I would naturally think that the truth and honesty is way down low on this guys list of priorities and my guess is so would others.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links