Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is 220D Battery Problem. Help

Samis220d

Hi, I've just bought a is220d. The Battery has been changed before I had it. The temperature sensors and base are not present. It is picking up the fault on the diagnostics, Lexus say engine man light should be on but the bulb has been removed. There is no other faults with the car. Is there a way round not having to spend 445 pound that Lexus want to put it right. I'm paying for new Battery, sensor, base and engine bulb Plus labour. Can I get round it by bypassing it or something? I only want my engine light to work, and will only stay off if sensors are not on the Battery. Any help will be great. Cheers

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Could you clarify as to what you mean by temperature sensors and bases?

Obviously the seller has tried to hide faults by removing the engine management bulb what a cowboy!

Did you buy the car privately or from a dealer?

Hi Steve,

It's a cover that fits over the Battery with temperature sensors. The seller has swapped the Battery for a non Lexus Battery which the cover didn't fit. So he slung the cover&sensor causing the light to come on. He was a dealer from home. In contact with him at the min, not sure weather he did it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links