Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls430 2005 Rear Nearside Door Won't Open

I'd be grateful for any assistance. The rear door of my 2005 LS430 won't open from outside or inside. When the key is inserted into the ignition switch there is a double reaction from the drivers front door whereas before just a single click. I suppose this is part of the central locking check. I've been told that the problem is the actuator but the car has only done 30000 miles and that particular door is hardly ever used. I've been quoted one hour and four hours labour plus £330 for the actuator. I'm not a mechanic but I believe that something may be stuck rather than broken. If I could get the door card off I could check - but of course I can't open the door to get the card off. Any positive suggestions welcome.

Hello David and welcome to the LOC.

I had an actuator go on mine 94 LS400 but it didn't prevent the door from being opened manually it just kept cycling the auto lock when the car reached 20mph.

I guess like most cars the lack of use of the rear doors may be a contributory factor in its demise.

You have the chicken and egg situation regarding getting in to the door being unable to open the door to remove the door car.

A good auto locksmith should be able to gain access and it may be worth making a few calls to local ones and a good one will know all the tricks.

The last resort method is to actually saw through the door tang using an air saw with skill and precision as this part is cheaper to replace.

Once you get in there it is normally the motor within the lock mechanism that has gone but check all the moving parts first just in case a linkage has seized or come adrift.

Hi Dave

I had the same problem with my LS430 three weeks ago. My suspicion is that the mechanism jams due to the cold weather, lack of use or lack of lubrication.

Mine would not open for a day, despite operating the door lock switch many times, then the next day it failed again for a few hours, then started working again. (Classic intermittent fault.)

I've squirted WD40 in the door and avoided deadlocking the doors, and it has worked faultlessly since then!

Now I can't make my mind up, do I take the door apart to replace or lubricate the mechanism, when it is working fine? It may be a project for a summer day.

John N

Just thought you could try giving the inner door panel close to the lock area a few bangs with the side of your fist it may be enough to shock the mechanism back into action enough to open the door.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links