Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

157 Mph Caught On British Roads!

Loz

I agree he should not have been sent down ,But i think he should have been banned for life 150mph on a crowded road is taking the :tsktsk: .sorry if this upsets anyone but anyone with such a disregard for life derserves no sympathy.

Ever been to Germany? No big deal there ....

157mph in any country is to fast and should be left for on the track. as for no big deal in germany would you really like to see people doin that sort of speed in this country .I think a crash at that sort of speed is amost unsurvivable .But hey if he,s your hero so be it .

i dont thinkl its anything to do with hero's

i havnt seen anyone say what they did was good......

but sometimes people act so **** prim and proper.....

whatever justice they were given, its been done.

of course no one on this forum never speeds, or should that be gets caught.

i have a race license and do take it out on the track.....but i also live in Germany and drive always above 100mph.....and so does the guy in the 1 litre polo

traffic flows, and accidents arnt as common as you think....why......

road diciplin

but this is going off topic

lets all get back on the soap box and preach what good drivers we all are :sleeping:

I hav,ent read about anyone preaching about how good they are at driving just people airing their veiws on a bloke on a motorbike doing 157mph in ENGLAND.And yes i agree it is about rd disipline but try telling that to the 80 year old with no reaction time to get out of the way or the div on his mobile phone .At this speed you cannot allow for other peoples mistakes there just is not time

To put the Germany thing in perspective ...

Yes you can blast along at 150+ on much of the motorway network.

There are restricted sections though.. either side of intersections for example.

So if there's a limit, there's a reason and from what i've seen, it's mostly obeyed.

BUT, you can also be booked for speeding @ less than 20mph !!

Outside schools for example. Happened to 2 of my relatives. :blink:

So, where a limit is merited, it's there... and enforced.

Seems perfectly logical to me... but then common sense often does.

If there's no real need, why artificially (and needlessly) jam up the traffic....

at some arbitrary speed ramdomly plucked out of the air in the 1960's.

Drivers can concentrate on driving rather then looking for cops + cameras.

It's all irrelevant anyway. The flow of traffic now on m/ways is way over 70.

If they make the limit 80, anyone obeying it will still be causing an obstruction ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links