Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi fellows

Does anyone know if Eibach do a spring for the 300?? After fitting the new 19's I think I need to lose around 45mm in ride height. I posted the pics of the girly in the gallery. Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Dave

L33EXY

Edited by Matthew_McNally

On the Basis that everyone rates the Eibachs I am thinking of doing the same. Personally I run 17"s and think a 30 mil drop will give me the firmness and the stance that will make the car look a little more agressive. BUT and importantly, without compromising the ride unduly. I still have a big mileage to cover and I would like to think that it would not loose its cruisability. that why I have avoided modding it so far. To the extent that I recently bought a track puppy. much more fun tinkering with something of little value. feels safer!

Loz :zee:

Ps. Let me know how you get on if you get there before me. but I'm on it now... ;)

On the Basis that everyone rates the Eibachs I am thinking of doing the same. Personally I run 17"s and think a 30 mil drop will give me the firmness and the stance that will make the car look a little more agressive. BUT and importantly, without compromising the ride unduly.

Loz

just had my eibachs fitted mate - last week - and this is exactly my experience of them.

it has dropped nicely, eliminating a lot of the wheel arch, and the handling is noticeably better.

but I don't think it is that much harder / harsher at all.

certainly not lost its comfort for motorway cruising.

where did you get them mat?

if I can sell the CRX for JAE I'll have a Lowered GS for JAE, hows that?

Loz

ps. don't get me wrong. the SC160 is great but its got profit potential rather than long term keeper potential!

where did you get them mat?

Recent group buy - £148 (includes VAT and delivery).

Had them fitted at Roscoe Engineering in Liverpool - £141 this included VAT and the tracking.

As you are a GOLD member - I'll forward you the contact details ;)

don't know if they are the same price for the GS though mate

I would definitely go for the Eibach's.

I fitted them on my Mk1 GS300 which runs on 18's which fill the wheel arches just right in my opinion and they are fine.

A liitle harsh on the ride though but not that worrying and yes the handling is far superior to the standard GS300 springs, much less 'wallowy' and more precise.

Don't forget to have all four wheels laser aligned, I did and it nearly cost me two front tyres. With the new springs foitted front tracking was 4mm out on each wheel, rears were fine though.

Keith

At the Harley Medical Centre, 15mm will cost you a damn sight more than £1000!

I bow before your superior knowledge on the subject mate ;)

but will be eminently more satisfying and will work on whatever car you drive.

is this true?

coilovers are portable and work on any car?

thats two things you know more about than me then! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links