Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Described by a motor dealer who appears not to know much about the car on sale especially at this price it states a October 1997 model.

Looking at the headlights, shifter knob and AC LCD (blackened) I think it is a series 2 1992-1994 model.

I would also like to know where I could buy a good used LHD driver's seat for £75.00!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LHD-Toyota-Lexus-LS-400-4-0-auto-fully-fully-loaded-very-clean-example-/280802694863?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item41612516cf#ht_1222wt_1189

definitely a mk1/mk2 . only states registered in 1997 , possibly previously UK registered and shipped back out again later.

will probably get the 1992-94 plates when/if DVLA issue they'll be age related J,K or L I think?.

if there's a unknown history competition It'd be a good candidate.

Mk3 have much shorter indicators, the side profile is squarer and the top of the wings are more 'knife edged'. The Mk3 also didn't use larger tail-lights for Europe/North America/R.O.W. application like the Mk1/2 did. Finally, the Mk3 didn't come with that awful blue leather interior.

It's a Mk2, as Mk1s have an analogue odometer.

I think you will find that the H.P. is also wrong the 97 model has a 260 H.P. this one somehow has a 280 H.P. engine, the 1992/1994 models had a 240 H.P. engine . Steve is right he doesn't know his bum from his elbow.

I'v emailed this guy about a week ago about this very same issue.

He said that they have the car, but do not have the papers yet......

He also said that if it indeed was the wrong year, he would adjust the listing.

I'm fairly sure it's a mkI. The mkII has a passenger airbag.

Mk3 have much shorter indicators, the side profile is squarer and the top of the wings are more 'knife edged'. The Mk3 also didn't use larger tail-lights for Europe/North America/R.O.W. application like the Mk1/2 did. Finally, the Mk3 didn't come with that awful blue leather interior.

It's a Mk2, as Mk1s have an analogue odometer.

This is a Mk1, and it does have an analogue odometer. And as for "that awful blue leather interior", well, my '94 has exactly that and I love it! What an audacity! ;)

Looks a stunner BUT it's surely a MK1 like you say and being a left hooker and 110,000 miles it really can't be worth more than £1k at the most, surely !!!

Who really wants a lefthand drive car in the UK when there are so many really great early cars around for so little money .

Viz my LS400 Mk3 from ACLex at £1400 and a stunner too with full Lexus SH

These cars are so under ( or maybe properly ) valued at this time when fuel is so expensive and insurance costs seem to be in the stratosphere Do early cars really have very much value do you think ?

Malc

Not all Series II models have the passenger airbag, mine is January 1994 and does not have one but is an import which normally have all the extra toys

Not all Series II models have the passenger airbag, mine is January 1994 and does not have one but is an import which normally have all the extra toys

Ah my bad.

He has now adjusted the listing and changed it to a 1994

This is not a '94. It's quite definitely from the 1990 - 92 time period, and, because of the colour, I reckon '91 (but possibly '92). The roadwheels are the most obvious indicator, along with the flat steering wheel pad. Anyhow, it doesn't matter what I say, the VIN will reveal the truth.

I must admit the factory fitted mats look like new. When I bought mine with just 38,000 miles on it they were that dirty I took them out and washed them in the bath, it was only after doing this I realised there was a pattern on them!

It is however priced NOT to sell!

I must admit the factory fitted mats look like new. When I bought mine with just 38,000 miles on it they were that dirty I took them out and washed them in the bath, it was only after doing this I realised there was a pattern on them! It is however priced NOT to sell!

What - you mean they're meant to have a footprint pattern on them? Perhaps I ought to wash mine then! (lol)

I agree it is a lot of money for an LS of this age. But if it wasn't left hand drive I would be sorely tempted. It really does look to have been fastidiously cared for.

Note though that it doesn't have headlamp washers or heated seats - presumably not needed in Dubai. Still, as long as the a/c works...

Yes there are some differences with non UK specification models,besides the absence of a passenger air bag mine has no sunroof ( apparently too hot in Japan for them), no headlight washers and non heated leather seats ( some even had velour seats as they don't get so hot as leather).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links