Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Must admit I didn't check the service booklet. Will do before pickup. I wonder what the legal position would be if I refused the car, as I've signed the contract and paid a deposit.

The car was transfered from another dealership so not too worried about the missing user manual, if the original dealer has lost it they will have to provide another.

If it was advertised as having FSH then thats what it should have and there should be no anomolies with it. Start chasing them imeadiately for the FSH and let them know that if its not 100% then the deal is off and all monies paid are to be returned.

If they are an Main Lexus Dealer they should be able to print on out from the computer systems.

Good luck. Dont lose any sleep. I am sure everything is 100% OK.

Mike.

Check that FSH and then check it again.

My 460 has a selection of sockets, including an audio input, concealed in the centre console between the front seats. There is even a power outlet in there for a charger or whatever.

I think the best way to listen to music though is directly with an iPod. I'm a firm believer in copper wires. Your dealer, for about £100 or so will fit a thing behind the centre dash, that has an iPod type plug on a wire going into the glovebox. You can attach an iPod, and then have access to all the playlists on the iPod through the centre console radio thing.

Incidentally, check all the bits are there when you collect the car. The spare wheel, for instance! The tools. The torch. Make sure you get the right number of keys. My 460 came with two remote control type keys. There should also be at least one key card - that's a bit of plastic you can keep with your credit cards, that means you don't need to carry a car key around with you at all.

Each of the keys you have - including the key card one - has a hidden metal key inside, which you'll probably never need to use. But do check that these physical keys have all been cut, and match the ones on your car. The keycard one takes a bit of winkling out.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Must admit I didn't check the service booklet. Will do before pickup. I wonder what the legal position would be if I refused the car, as I've signed the contract and paid a deposit.

The car was transfered from another dealership so not too worried about the missing user manual, if the original dealer has lost it they will have to provide another.

If the car is at Listers Lexus Cheltenham then it is likely it came from Coventry or Lincoln which are both Listers Lexus dealerships. On a car of that type I would be very concerned if ANYTHING was missing. If Manuals are missing at point of sale it does not bode well for the possible customer care that you will receive once parted with your money. Service book is essential to you as are the other manuals and minimum of 2 keys/cards. I would try to discover what is supplied with new car in respect of books, keys, cards and insist that they are supplied. Don't be fobbed off by them, you are in the driving seat with this type of car especially in the present economic climate.

The manual arrived today. There is a power socket in the center console but no Mp3 connector. The car did come from Coventry, The spare wheel has a new tyre on it, the rest of the bits & bobs are there.

The car is being serviced as it is less than 6 months to the scheduled service, it is in the paint workshop at the moment having a couple of tiny chips on the rear bumber repaired I only saw the two remote type keys, I will ensure the card one is there as well.

I will eventually have a hard wired auidio input fitted, but reading the manual I see the CD player plays MP3s. Six Cds worth of MP3s will keep me going for a while.

Thanks for everyones input so far.

Nice to know things appear to be coming together on your purchase. If you decide after a couple of weeks that you dont like it I might be persuaded to do a "swap" with you for My GS430 :whistling:

Headphones.

Mine came with two pairs of infrared headphones. This means that people in the back can watch a DVD, and hear the soundtrack, and you can listen to the radio.

There should also, as well as whatever other controls you have in the back, be an infrared remote for the in car entertainment.

I'll stop this now, because I'm beginning to sound like something from Monty Python, but things keep coming into my head. Not just headphones, but make sure you get all the DVDs for the sat nav, not just the one that you're using. There should be two or three extra DVDs to cover the whole of Europe, should you ever need to go to Poland or Italy or whatever.

There are no headphones mentioned in the manual. There are two headphone jacks for the rear DVD player, and storage for headphones. Also the manual refers to the keycard as "If Supplied".

Re mp3s. I wonder if the CD\DVD player will play mp3s from a DVD. It does from CD but I can't get all my mp3s on 6 CDs. I could get them all on 2 DVDs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links